cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 6z Battery replacement issue

alancs06
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6 (Serial number: K6AIHM008797V2J)
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Mobile is restarting frequently due to battery bulgy
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have bought the Asus Zenfone 6z on June 2019. Mostly all the mobile battery will last long 2 - 3 years. My mobile also fall under that usual category. On 29th of September, I found that my mobile is dancing in the table, and I knew it was always flat. So I have removed my back case and noted that the battery becomes bulgy, due to that the back panel also opened. I thought it is just a battery replacement and I can afford that. So just called the authorised F1 info solutions and services private centre in Tamil Nadu, India (both Madurai and Chennai service centre) and they asked for the serial number. After searching with that serial number, they told there is no supply from the Asus for this model. I'm stunned, since it is just 3 years old phone and everyone gonna change their battery in this period only. Then how the Asus management thought not to supply the batteries to the service centre. Where can I buy a battery if there is no supply. For lack of just 2K spare, do I need to throw my 35K mobile? I need answers from the Asus Team. And please anyone from the 6z community can share a link to buy a original ASUS battery from online, it is much appreciated.
Asus...................I feel cheated and based on your resolution for this matter, I will decide the buy option in future.
Thank you
Alaudeen

7 REPLIES 7

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi alancs06,
Please share your details in the personal inbox.

alancs06
Star II
Hi @ARP_ASUS
I have shared the details, please check and confirm.

alancs06
Star II
Hey @ARP_ASUS ,
Any updates on this?

I am also using the product from last 3 years. I am facing battery back up issue since last 5-6 months. The online chat agent of asus advised me to replace the battery with new one. Regarding the same I have consulted with all the 5 service centre of Asus present in Odisha at different locations but all of them expressed there unability to provide me the service as they can not provide a new battery although I am ready to pay whatever amount they want for a battery. In fact they are saying that this model is discontinued. Regarding this matter I have consulted with ASUS customer care over telephone on 06th October 2022 but all my efforts went in vain as they are also expressing helplessness to this matter. I have paid such a huge amount for this product.Now without a new battery I am unable to better utilise my product any more. Kindly help me regarding the matter.
Yours faithfully
Biswajit Mohanty (Odisha)