cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL - flip camera) not charging after draining to 0%

Thingamajig
Star I
Hi all.
So the title pretty much explains everything; My phone drained overnight to 0% and now it wont charge at all regardless what lead or plug/port/device i use to charge it from.
I've never had any issues with charging before, in fact the experience with the phone has been flawless to this point. It's just now suddenly it doesn't want to charge itself even when I use the bundled in plug and lead, regardless how long a time i leave it.
The phone is only about 6 months old and in perfect condition.
The USB-C port on it is in perfect condition and is in no way faulty. The phone appears to "detect" it's plugged in, because if i plug it in, then try to start it, the andriod logo appears briefly before switching off.
If i unplug it and attempt to turn it on, a green lightning logo with a circle around it appears - indicating to plug it in to charge it.
This is clearly a hardware issue relating to the battery/protection circuit and charging. I Was wondering perhaps people here could shine some light on it? Ideally i'd like to try and get it working again so i can at least retrieve data before an RMA.
3 REPLIES 3

_jis_
Zen Master III
Connect it with the original cable to the original charger and charge the phone overnight.

jferris
Star I
I too have this issue, it started about 3 days ago. If I sit and play for 10 minutes pressing the power button and plugging the cable in at different times it'll eventually work. Incredibly frustrating. It seems we're not the only ones. I've seen a few posts on here and Reddit with people suffering the same problem.

ASUS support said I should do a hard factory reset and if that's fails to send it in for repair/replacement. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Thingamajig

Hi all.

So the title pretty much explains everything; My phone drained overnight to 0% and now it wont charge at all regardless what lead or plug/port/device i use to charge it from.

I've never had any issues with charging before, in fact the experience with the phone has been flawless to this point. It's just now suddenly it doesn't want to charge itself even when I use the bundled in plug and lead, regardless how long a time i leave it.

The phone is only about 6 months old and in perfect condition.

The USB-C port on it is in perfect condition and is in no way faulty. The phone appears to "detect" it's plugged in, because if i plug it in, then try to start it, the andriod logo appears briefly before switching off.

If i unplug it and attempt to turn it on, a green lightning logo with a circle around it appears - indicating to plug it in to charge it.

This is clearly a hardware issue relating to the battery/protection circuit and charging. I Was wondering perhaps people here could shine some light on it? Ideally i'd like to try and get it working again so i can at least retrieve data before an RMA.

Asus Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL - flip camera) not charging after draining to 0%
Try an alternate cable AND alternate power source, perhaps a PC?
If that fails, then it is most definitely a hardware failure, and unfortunately an RMA is really the only option. Data retrieval will also not be possible.