akr1602
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 6z
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Was watching youtube when phone goes blank. Any combination of power/volume keys did not turn on the phone. Charging the phone and no red indicator light. Connected to a PC and device was identified as "QUSB_BULK_CID" followed by a serial number. There is an XDA thread on flashing firmware in EDL mode and I tried that. But it did not help me. Looks like an hardware issue.
Last year, I had a problem with camera and solution was to replace motherboard under warranty. Now this.. hesitant to visit service center again, no point in wasting time in such **** hardware..
2 REPLIES 2

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you, since the further information that we need involves your personal information. Thank you.

akr1602
Star I
An update:
After sharing my details, someone from Asus got in touch with me. Instead of speculating, they asked me to give the device to a service center. I was skeptical, with all the complaints about dead zenfone 6.
Anyways, I did give the device to nearest service center and as expected, the solution is to replace the motherboard. It would cost as much as when I bought the device new. There is no way I would repair this device by spending money! This is the second time asking for motherboard replacement (within a year). So much for the quality for Asus phones and their service center experience.