This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About music Volume

Saran
Rising Star II
When listening to music ,it becomes audible only after the volume is adjusted to 10th step where it should been at 7th step. A couple of friends also noted this. 
12 REPLIES 12

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I will forward that you want bigger steps in the beginning and smaller steps in the end. Thanks!

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
I will forward that you want bigger steps in the beginning and smaller steps in the end. Thanks!
I think consistent gradient is needed rather than that

Saran
Rising Star II
I think consistent gradient is needed rather than that
Yes, the increase in volume must be consistent overall. 

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Volume is a tricky thing. Here is a simplified example and lets say we are limited to 15 volume steps. If we want to increase  3dB with every step and headphones should be able to go all the way up to around 110dB, then we need to start at 68dB which is way too load. Ok, so let's say that we increase every step with 6dB, then we can start at 26dB and increase 6dB with every step. Then we will have people complaining that 26dB is still too load for the lowest setting and that a 6dB increase with every step is too much. 
So you see, we can't have an even increase all the way. Don't worry, our software team will improve it if they decide that it's worth changing.

Saran
Rising Star II
Volume is a tricky thing. Here is a simplified example and lets say we are limited to 15 volume steps. If we want to increase  3dB with every step and headphones should be able to go all the way up to around 110dB, then we need to start at 68dB which is way too load. Ok, so let's say that we increase every step with 6dB, then we can start at 26dB and increase 6dB with every step. Then we will have people complaining that 26dB is still too load for the lowest setting and that a 6dB increase with every step is too much. 
So you see, we can't have an even increase all the way. Don't worry, our software team will improve it if they decide that it's worth changing.
Got it, looking forward to it in the next update, thanks.