This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions about ZenUi 7 on Zenfone 6

aubry_pierre45
Star III
Hello. So I have a few question about the build of ZenUi 7 on the Zenfone 6. I am not very familliar with this forum so I apologize if they have been asked before.
First, reviews about the Zenfone 7 Pro mention the possibility of launching any app with the smart key. However, it seems there is no new possibility for the Smart Key in ZenUi 7 for the Zenfone 6. Is it planned to be added later or am I even missing something?
Then, is there a way to get a low battery warning in ZenUi 7? The notifications channel which was used for it in ZenUi 6 still exists but it seems it now servs a different purpose, that's to say warning you when battery saver is activated according to schedule, when your screen is off. But I have no low battery warning what so ever and no way to get it back, it seems.
Also, and it has to do with ZenUi in general, but as a blind user using the Talkback screen reader from Google, where can I submit feedback for accessibility? ZenUi is far from a bad Android skin but I know a few places where it could be refined for accessibility, so I would want to know if Asus is interested in fixing that.
Best regards,

Pierre
3 REPLIES 3

aubry_pierre45
Star III
Salut!

You are right that Talkback is made by Google, and in fact the Ui on there own Google Pixel is made so that everything can properly be read by Talkback and work as expected. ZenUi is mostly usable in that most of the accessibility flaws can be worked around one way or another, but it's not really ideal from an UX standpoint, especially for your average, non-take-savvy user. I know that's not easy to test and fix when you are not familiar with Talkback, and I'm not sure the ZenUi devs are, but perhaps if they are interested they could get help from Google one way or another, but it's not really up to Google to fix since indeed, it's not there ui.
I have been thinking on sharing accessibility feedback on this very forum, but do you think I should better create another thread?

Also I totally agree that the Smart Key should be revamped later.

aubry_pierre45
Star III
I agree. I heard about Android accessibility not being very well documented, but that was years ago and it probably changed. I think right now it's all about awareness, and whether the OEM thinks it is worth it or not. Besides Google, Samsung and LG, I don't know if there are other OEMs working on that aspect of their ui. Not counting Motorolla or Nokia because they essentially use stock. And it is kind of hard to blame OEMs when many people would probably be surprised if they learnt about blind people using smartphones, even today.

Ok, So I will create that other thread then. Probably not before tomorrow because it's getting kind of late.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
aubry.pierre45

Hello. So I have a few question about the build of ZenUi 7 on the Zenfone 6. I am not very familliar with this forum so I apologize if they have been asked before.

First, reviews about the Zenfone 7 Pro mention the possibility of launching any app with the smart key. However, it seems there is no new possibility for the Smart Key in ZenUi 7 for the Zenfone 6. Is it planned to be added later or am I even missing something?

Then, is there a way to get a low battery warning in ZenUi 7? The notifications channel which was used for it in ZenUi 6 still exists but it seems it now servs a different purpose, that's to say warning you when battery saver is activated according to schedule, when your screen is off. But I have no low battery warning what so ever and no way to get it back, it seems.

Also, and it has to do with ZenUi in general, but as a blind user using the Talkback screen reader from Google, where can I submit feedback for accessibility? ZenUi is far from a bad Android skin but I know a few places where it could be refined for accessibility, so I would want to know if Asus is interested in fixing that.

Best regards,

Pierre

A few questions about ZenUi 7 on Zenfone 6
I see you have created a separate thread regarding your talkback feedback. Good!
What's the current issue with low battery? I never go below 20% so I haven't experienced this myself. Is the LED not flashing red or what notification are you missing?