ikkigooners
Star II
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_16.0615.1908.109
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera

Last edited by ikkigooners on 2019/9/5 18:21 LOOK AT MY LAST POST, IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED SINCE THIS WAS POSTED.
Hi, ever since the new update, my camera took a blurry photo if the object is more than 1 meter (and infinity), the focus is fine with object less than 1 meter (up to around 10 cm). The firmware is WW.Phone-16.0615.1905.102-0 and my Camera app version is 4.2.11.4_19064.
  • I already tried to reset my phone twice, but it still takes a blurry photo.
  • Tried formatting cache partition, still blurry.
  • Resetting the camera app, still blurry.
  • Tried changing saving location from MicroSD to internal is still blurry
  • The bug is only in main camera, the ultra-wide is not affected.
  • Pro mode's manual focus is also take blurry photo even with the slider is cranked to infinite.
Here's the example in 10 cm distance (good focus): Here's when taking photo with 1+ meter (blurry): 100% crop, so blurry. Waiting for firmware fix ASAP.Can't afford to bring the phone to service center as the nearest service center is located at 5 hours driving (200+ km, shitty road) from my location. Thanks.
30 REPLIES 30

darkknight
Rising Star I
Same issue here. Camera is not focusing on far objects. No hardware damage. It stopped focusing suddenly. Tried almost every solution but nothing happened.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
Thank you all for your asking. For Zenfone 5 (ZE620KL) camera could not focus issue, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

sinashbt
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

Thank you all for your asking. For Zenfone 5 (ZE620KL) camera could not focus issue, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

View post
Can't you guys comprehend the issue yet. How can the camera hardware go faulty for hundreds of customers are once after the firmware update. Instead of accepting the issue you guys are trying to dodge. Requesting you to bring the issue to the developers attention.
Thanks

manmeetbhagat
Star II
I am facing this problem since last two major firmware updates

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi manmeetbhagat
Thank you for your asking. Are you using Zenfone 5 or Zenfone 5Z?
If your model is Zenfone 5 (ZE620KL), kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you
1. Your current firmware version
Setting >System>About Phone>Software information
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still remain?
2. Since which firmware have you encountered the camera not focus issue?
3. Does it appear on the stock camera only or on other camera apps (e,g. Instagram) as well?
Please try clearing cache & storage of Camera (long press "Camera">App Info>Storage & memory>Clear cache/Clear storage), and try to re-install 3rd party camera apps and check again.
4. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
5. Please check on SMMI test, could the device pass the SMMI test? 
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Wide-angled Camera Capture Test/Tele Camera Capture Test/Front Camera Capture Test
*If your SMMI test is pass, please try "the Factory Reset"
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the situation remains after factory reset, please do not hesitate to contact me with your issue detail and required info mention above.  

If your model is Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL), kindly refer to the link below
Yulius Mai

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5z
  2. Firmware Version: 100.10.107.70_20200320
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Please help Camera not focus, just can take near area only

P51VQU20D8FN.jpg

J8FWYM3ZXMDI.jpg

Zenfone 5z Camera Not FOCUS