cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5 Android 10 Bugs

Phoenixy
Star I
I'd like to report some bugs I found:
During calls, the other half can't hear me.
During Google Hangouts calls (other similar apps may also affected, like Messenger, Whatsapp) I can't hear the other half, only crazy sounds (not sure if the other half can hear me, probably not).
The default "Display size" is huge. When I set it to small in the Settings (Settings --> Display --> Display Size --> Small), it becomes much normal in terms of size, but it also creates another bug. On the home screen, one less row is available. I've attached an image, no icons can be placed on the bottom (Nothing can be placed under the "Dialer - Maps - Chrome row").
46 REPLIES 46

Marky_Marky
Star I
screenshot-20200704-092723.png
screenshot-20200704-094532.png
screenshot-20200704-094736-7e2.png
I just reinstalled the beta. I noticed first that the volume is still not as loud as the ZenUI version. Also are you going to enable the Splendid for this Android 10? The screen color is too warm is needs to be adjusted specially for people like me who prefer cooler screen tone. And will you fix the navigation bar? When the display is set to small the navigation bar is not adjusted it's not how android 10 nav bar should behave. I don't want to keep it on the default screen display size just so I can have small nav bar too. Another in the Settings that notification to add email and all other stuff won't go away. Before we have an option to remove that an "X" at the right corner for each notif. And there are NO NOTIFICATION or RINGTONE sounds I needed to download my own, I don't know if that's a bug. But my main concern is the speaker and the splendid.
screenshot-20200704-095104.png
screenshot-20200704-095113.png

Moris
Star I
hello, I have a problem on the last android rom 10 when I want to transfer files by USB with a computer, when I want to activate the file transfer it is not possible, even if I I activate from the developer options, will the problem be solved? Or is it only on my device? Thanks and have a nice day
screenshot-20200707-134024.png

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Moshe
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Change a cable
2. Check your USB Preference settings
Settings>Connected devices>USB>file transfer
[Phone] How to transfer files from phone to PC? | Official Support | ASUS Global3. Make sure that the USB configuration fits your device
[Phone] Device can not be detected when connected to PC | Official Support | ASUS Global4. . Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
[Phone/Pad] How to Enter and Exit Safe Mode? | Official Support | ASUS Global5. Please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Marky.Marky
Thank you for your asking. The Android 10 platform AOSP system does not provide a removal solution for the recommended Settings. In order to maintain the stability in Android 10, we will continue to provide the recommended Settings. If you have already performed the recommended settings, we suggest that users ignore them and we apologize for the confusion.
For using Screen Color Mode or volume, if you are used to using ZenUI system, we would recommend that you downgrade to Android 9. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

Moris
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi Moshe

Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. Change a cable

2. Check your USB Preference settings

Settings>Connected devices>USB>file transfer

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041424/

3. Make sure that the USB configuration fits your device

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1011564/

4. . Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

5. Please try "the Factory Reset" 

Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

View post
I succeeded, thank you