This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Touch issue is still not solved!

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
APP Name: System overall and any app/game with Multi-Touch function.
Rooted: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always.
Firmware/APP Version: Every.
RAM: 4G
Model: ZE620KL

I bought the 5Z near it's release date in my country and the Multi-Touch problem is here since the first day. It's like the touch panel don't have full Multi-Touch support, as seen in the MULTITOUCH TESTER app: When you move one finger on screen it moves as expected, smooth (good, not great anyway). When you try the same but with another finger holding on screen, movement gets sluggish compared to doing the same with one finger. The moving one gains a delay of almost a second. If you do it, but slightly sliding the moving one, you'll see the "low FPS" effect. (Funny that it doesn't happens with one nor even with three fingers or more, I should call it...Two-Touch issue?) It breaks any smooth gaming experience that the rest of the hardware have to offer. There is no specific firmware, app or game nor any specific version of those. It's happening since ever, everywhere. In THIS VIDEO you can compare the gaming experience between ZenFone 5 and 5Z. If it's the same touch panel, there's something wrong, huh? In THIS VIDEO you can see (fullscreen) that the aiming and the camera movement in First-Person or Third-Person games are being harmed by the issue. You can find OLDER and UNSOLVED POSTS about it over ZenTalk. Please, calibrate it or just tell us if it's a hardware "gimmick".
30 REPLIES 30

lmvqymwicuqwioe
Star II
This EXACT problem is happening to my phone! ZS620KL

THIS PHONE HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 YEARS! AND STILL HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. ASUS IF YOU WANT TO PEOPLE TO CONTINUE BUYING YOUR PRODUCTS FIX GLARING ISSUES LIKE THIS!

3 fingers on the screen and things are smooth and normal. 2 points of contact on the screen and it VERY OBVIOUSLY STUTTERS.

I wanted to love this phone as I've only had it for a month but this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!
PLEASE HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS! PLEASE!

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
lmvqymwicuqwioetfb

This EXACT problem is happening to my phone! ZS620KL

THIS PHONE HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 YEARS! AND STILL HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. ASUS IF YOU WANT TO PEOPLE TO CONTINUE BUYING YOUR PRODUCTS FIX GLARING ISSUES LIKE THIS!

3 fingers on the screen and things are smooth and normal. 2 points of contact on the screen and it VERY OBVIOUSLY STUTTERS.

I wanted to love this phone as I've only had it for a month but this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!

PLEASE HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS! PLEASE!

View post
Anders and CH (moderators) told us, after been capable of reproduce the issue in their devices, that its being investigated by the developers.
They still don't know what could be causing it, but I expect a fix by the next firmware.

Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
ValeeraSanguinar
APP Name: System overall and any app/game with Multi-Touch function.
Rooted: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always.
Firmware/APP Version: Every.
RAM: 4G
Model: ZE620KL

I bought the 5Z near it's release date in my country and the Multi-Touch problem is here since the first day.

It's like the touch panel don't have full Multi-Touch support, as seen in the MULTITOUCH TESTER app:

When you move one finger on screen it moves as expected, smooth (good, not great anyway).

When you try the same but with another finger holding on screen, movement gets sluggish compared to doing the same with one finger. The moving one gains a delay of almost a second. If you do it, but slightly sliding the moving one, you'll see the "low FPS" effect. (Funny that it doesn't happens with one nor even with three fingers or more, I should call it...Two-Touch issue?)

It breaks any smooth gaming experience that the rest of the hardware have to offer.

There is no specific firmware, app or game nor any specific version of those. It's happening since ever, everywhere.

In THIS VIDEO you can compare the gaming experience between ZenFone 5 and 5Z. If it's the same touch panel, there's something wrong, huh?

In THIS VIDEO you can see (fullscreen) that the aiming and the camera movement in First-Person or Third-Person games are being harmed by the issue.

You can find OLDER and UNSOLVED POSTS about it over ZenTalk.

Please, calibrate it or just tell us if it's a hardware "gimmick".
Multi-Touch issue is still not solved!
Where's the link of video?

lmvqymwicuqwioe
Star II
bruno can you tell me how I contact these mods? and let them know that this is a huge problem and that i am having the exact same issues as you as well as many others that I have seen!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
lmvqymwicuqwioetfb

bruno can you tell me how I contact these mods? and let them know that this is a huge problem and that i am having the exact same issues as you as well as many others that I have seen!

View post
This issue is already under investigation and dont worry mods are buzy fixing it we already had a word with mods on this issue u can read mods replies here
amitgarde3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: zenfone 5Z
  2. Firmware Version: 100.10.107.70
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: A10
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PUBGM 0.17.0

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

In oreo or pie this frame drops sttuters n lags where never observed playing pubg at higher settings like graphics-HDR frame rate-ULTRA but in A10 perfomance doesnt feel like playing on SD845 its decreased lags stutters n frame drops are too much observed some times multi touch issue is seen also at higher settings and after playing on lower settings graphics-SMOOTH N frame rate- EXTREME is causing lags in game sometimes

After checking via third party apps the cpu clocking seems to be good at its peak to achieve during playing BUT GPU IS NOT BOOSTING ITSELF it is limited to certain limit WHY? i think this is is reason of NO optimisation of PUBGM with 5Z

ALSO after comparing performance with ZENFONE 5 WITH 5Z,

ZENFONE 5 SEEMS TO BE MUCH BETTER AT PERFORMANCE THAN 5Z

Multi touch issue n jitters is present since day 1 of A8 YET NOT FIXED alredy reported several times by many

Please look into this issue as 5Z has better processor and gpu to make most of it comparing with zenfone 5 hope for fix as early as possible in future firmware before support ends for 5Z flagships

Alredy shared several comparision videos from below tagged @brunoferreira.retry@gmail.com n @ValeeraSanguinar and in old zentalk forum hope for help in this new zentalk as mods here are so effortive n appreciative we know flagship can get better out of it as it was with A8 N A9 IN A10

Tried factory reset and reinstallation of PUBG that doesnt help to any of above issues to solve @ServiceY_ASUS @CH_ASUS @LP_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @kikoly @brunoferreira.retry@gmail.com @ValeeraSanguinar 😌

Pubg frame drops stutters lags on ZENFONE 5Z SD 845
Thank you 😊