Did you mean: 

Humongous power drain

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_100.04.44.98_20191115
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Well, few months ago I complained about the fact that the battery life dropped from two straight days to one day. Over one single night. Yesterday I updated the phone to Android 10 expecting this behaviour to be sorted out. What I got was very unexpected and surprising. Now the god damn phone dies after 7 hours. Right now I am on 200km trip and need the phone to work. I sure know that the phone will die halfway there since when I woke up 5 hours ago I unplugged the phone from charger and now it has 24% of battery Also, why does the phone consume almost 5.5GB of RAM? When I got the phone it needed 1.5GB and the phone lased 5 days straight. Also, battery discharge rate of 700mA continuous with 1.3A is NUTS! That is 5W of energy! I don't know what is up. Sure this behaviour looks very suspicious. Almost like the phenomenon of phones slowing down estabilished by Apple iPhones. The Christmas is coming and phones all across the globe suddenly got their battery lifespan severely lowered. Please, sort this out. This is just getting riddiculous. I seriously don't want to buy new phone then this one is still like new.
5 REPLIES 5

bovi
Star I
I had problem with battery draining after update to Android 10. In my case helped to disable Facebook App Installer, Facebook App Manager and Facebook Services. Now I have more than 7h SOT Try this same, maybe it helps.

safal
Star II
I've uninstalled those both fb app you mentioned. But still after that I'm getting only 4 hr SOT (Location disabled, mostly using web via LTE) In Android 9 I used to get 6-7 hours of SOT

bovi
Star I
Safal posted on 2019/12/6 17:55 I've uninstalled those both fb app you mentioned. But still after that I'm getting only 4 hr SOT (Lo ...
Hmm, I have two SIM card, LTE, WiFi and BT always on. GPS turns on only in car (minimum one hour every day). Now i have more than 4h SOT and still 38% battery. Maybe ther is other app on your phone which draining battery.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi krivanek.prilohy, Please check if you have enabled "Backup & sync" in Google Photos. If yes, please also check if the syncing process is done. If the app cannot finish the syncing process, it may cause battery drain in the background. We would suggest that you disable Google Photos and check if the battery drain problem is improved. Thank you 🙂