Kowalski
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max 1
Firmware Version: Android 10
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Very frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've had my Asus Zenfone Max 1 for almost a year now and recently the screen has started waking frequently on its own. In addition every time I try to charge it it seems to randomly cut out charging and charge irregularly. I've bought a new charger but it hasn't helped. I've searched the internet but haven't seen anyone else with this issue. I've tried removing app permissions and such but none of it has worked. I'm looking for a solution as it is quite irritating having it constantly turn on and drain battery.
1 REPLY 1

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Kowalski
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. Model Name: Settings>System>About phone>Model
Refer to the link below to check the model name by model no. in the link
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/
Is your model ZB555KL, ZB556KL or else?
2. Your current firmware version
Setting >System>About Phone>Software information
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still remain?

>Screen has started waking frequently on its own
Does the issue start after any system/app updated/downloaded? How many times a day or any hour? Will the issue happened in "Safe Mode"?

>randomly cut out charging
While change a new charger , have you tried a new cable as well? Will the issue happened in "Safe Mode"? According to the whole charging time, does it have a huge difference than before?

#How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/