This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 5z not responsive to plugin headset.

Gurba
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: QKW1.191008.001.WW
Rooted or not:NO
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

When headset is plugged into the 3.5mm I have sound from Tidal etc but no sound in phonecalls. Phone does not indicate that headset is plugged in. Works fine with Bluetooth headset. Reasently reset to factory due to other issue. Don't know if it stopped working from resetting or updates since I haven't used wired headset for many months. Headset works with other units.

1 REPLY 1

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Gurba

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5z
  2. Firmware Version: QKW1.191008.001.WW
  3. Rooted or not:NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

When headset is plugged into the 3.5mm I have sound from Tidal etc but no sound in phonecalls. Phone does not indicate that headset is plugged in. Works fine with Bluetooth headset. Reasently reset to factory due to other issue. Don't know if it stopped working from resetting or updates since I haven't used wired headset for many months. Headset works with other units.

Asus Zenfone 5z not responsive to plugin headset.
May be that dust have been accumulated inside 3.5 mm port try to blow some air as fast as you can inside 3.5mm port and see if this helps ifnot than its hardware issue which can only be fixed by service centre you have to backup ur important data and take your device to nearest service centre.
Thanks!