08-12-2020 01:43 PM
BrunoF205) No "status bar icon manager" in 5z to turn any specific option on or off like am/pm adding it to 5z may make system much stable to show am/pm
Model: ZS620KL (ASUS ZenFone 5Z 4GB / 64GB)
Firmware: 188.8.131.52 (WW)
Issue: I would like to know why the .92 version brought back bugs from the .70 version.
In recent months, not only me, but other ZenTalk users have been debating with moderators about a problem presented by the touchscreen response.
(@amitgarde3 @JonathanSR @555yash555 @kunal1217 @Abhinav @henrique.pereira.017 @jochman84 @Redlith @lmvqymwicuqwioetfb @bharanivijay69 @Chintan Devganiya @christianrodrigues1981 @burakterzi91 @subhojit.dey @archilsoni412)
This problem was characterized by the fact that the panel's response did not match the movement of sliding the finger slowly (necessary, as an example, for precision in shooting games).
- Until the .70 version, we had been stuttering every time we tried to move the camera slowly.
- In the .87 version, although not 100% solved, the problem had been significantly improved.
- Now, in the .92 version, the problem is back, just as it was in the .70 version.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-MEDIA VOLUME SLIDER ISSUE-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Not only the panel problem, but also a minor issue of the .70 version is again presented in the .92, which is the inconsistent Media Volume slider.
When you open the audio settings screen and start sliding this option, you will soon see that something is wrong, you will only be able to slide from one end to the other at once if you do it slowly.
It had also been fixed in the .87 version, now it's back in .92.
This way it looks like the .92 version was made over the .70, not the .87.
Any chance of that happening? If not, I'd like you to check what was done to cause this backward step in the touch panel solution (which was well forwarded) at the same time as it brought back the volume option issue.
Please, bring back .87 fixes and improvements.
Again! Both bugs present in the .70, improved/resolved in the .87 and now back in the .92.
The problems are also present in "Safe Mode".
The following solutions have been tried:
- Tweak in various standard and developer configurations.
- Factory reset with or without backup recovering (via settings and Recovery Mode).
- Downgraded to Pie version and upgraded to 10 again.
The .92 version seems to have been made over the .70, not the .87.
08-13-2020 09:24 AM
amitgarde3The AM/PM or any status bar icon issue can be solved with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bryancandi.android.uituner
- Model Name: 5z
- Firmware Version:184.108.40.206
- Rooted or not: Not
- Frequency of Occurrence:always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): date&time am/pm,screen recording (game genie) ,wrong battery stats,touch issues in games, Also no status icon manager in 5z for am/pm toggle
1) I tried factory data reset on latest .92 firmware and i lost basic am/pm option from system even after several tries of 24 hour format toggle ON & OFF from data & time i still was unable to see am/pm in front of time on notification bar so i again tried to do a factory data reset (2nd factory reset) and still the situation is same i cant get am/pm back before factory data reset everything was good with no issues 🥴
2) Also record option from game genie is really very unstable sometimes works and sometimes not
3) Wrong battery stats is stil present in .92 even after factory data resets
4) Touch responses are really worse in games now it was much better in .87 but .92 again ruined everything check this thread for touch problems 👇
5) No "status bar icon manager" in 5z to turn any specific option on or off like am/pm adding it to 5z may make system much stable to show am/pm
6) Now battery backup is also decreased with an hour as backup was much better with .70 update (idle phone hours doesn't have any problems no serious drains ) but normal usage like social apps has lot of power consumption even after factory resets
These are all above issues faced after factory data resets on latest .92 firmware i think something is really bad with recent update please look into it
@CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Anders
[5z] .92 latest firmware serious issues need to be fixed
08-13-2020 09:32 AM
AveranBut don't u think Asus should add that speed meter 😅 Because 6z had it and both 5z and 6z are running on zenui6 so we should expect that feature.
Ah yes leaving that everything works
Try a 3rd party app from PlayStore for that
08-13-2020 09:42 AM
AveranI know we have workarounds to fix that AM/PM n also screenrecordings but i feel that if software update brought this new implementations than i think those features must work flawlessly without issues n workarounds
Status bar icon manager can be enabled by following these steps
1.Download activity launcher
2. Search demo mode in the search bar (click on that)
And done you can access status bar icon manager now
This should solve your issue with am/pm option too imo
08-14-2020 03:22 AM
subhojit.deyI played COD for 10 minutes. I can't see how it's "unplayable". Where is the stuttering or unresponsive touch response? A comment like this won't help me find the issue.
The AM/PM or any status bar icon issue can be solved with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bryancandi.android.uituner
5z does have a control for that but its hidden.
The UI touch / stutter / freeze is gone now and UI animations are better.
The Game touches are terrible again. COD mobile is close to unplayable with this kind of touch lag. I don't think we have a respectable touch response rate now even. Was better in .87
Idle battery drain is great
Battery drainage while in use is bad. Games are not playable for long phone dies simply. Video calls are impossible too with this kind of drain. Stats are wrong too.
Wifi calling feature would be appreciated along with these fixes. Thanks!
08-14-2020 04:30 AM