This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 10 was almost a perfect phone for me

narmad78
Star I

This was so close to being the perfect phone for me. All I wanted was a non compromise compact phone that could be bootloader unlocked and rooted, with potential custom rom support. Unfortunately this phone is not rootable nor bootloader unlockable. This leaves me with the options of Xiaomi 13, S23, and Pixel 8. But each of these has their own compromises, with the X13 being the fact that I am in the USA. Does anyone know if bootloader unlocking will ever be possible? Otherwise I guess I'll just stick to my old phone for now.

4 REPLIES 4

Saise
Star II

Same identical situation here. I'm being active on this forum hoping Asus will notice our voice and gives us what we want.

Btw does the X13 have antennae incompatibilities for the US market or is it just an availability thing?

nasch007
Rising Star II

All you can do is keep posting. Eventually the chorus of voices of unhappy customers should be heard. If not, just commit to never buying any asus products again. I echo all of your sentiments -- I can't stand Samsung and their response to data breach was comical; Pixel is good and ironically Google allows you to unlock, root, and even de-google the google phone; I don't trust Xiaomi as a company doing business based in China there is no way they are not under control of CCP. I already have enough spyware on my phone, thank you very much. My advice to you is sadly that google will probably allow you to be most free...

Indeed, the only reason I haven't bought a Pixel 8 yet is because of the UFS 3.1 memory. If I plan on keeping that phone for 7 years, I don't want to be bottlenecked day one.

I was also considering getting an Asus Rog Ally, but I'm not going to if the Zenfone situation reflects the company in general.

GamersNexus has provided some very good (brutally honest) coverage about the company in general. The BIOS updates, melting CPUs, etc. have all been documented very fairly in my opinion. Regarding the Ally, it's the same old song and dance. The hardware gets good marks and even its easy of opening and maintenance. But the BIOS/software sucks. So it's almost exactly mirrors the phones. Who works on the mobile division, because it seems to be the same trend across many devices...