cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket mode bug

Ts8g18
Star II

Hello

I have noticed a problem where the ZenFone 10 does not detect being in the pocket.

When the screen is unlocked the phone will do wild things even when the screen is covered.

This is a serious bug where there is potential for mishaps when pocket mode is not recognized.

Has anyone else noticed this bug?

Running on latest build

4 REPLIES 4

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Ts8g18,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing our attention to this issue. 
Could you please share a log for the same?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

I have shared a log file with you

Mansi_ASUS

Hi @Ts8g18,

I heard back from the R&D, the Pocket Mode cannot be used when the screen is on. Currently, the condition for Pocket Mode activation is when the screen is off. If the screen is accidentally lit (and the proximity sensor is covered), Pocket Mode protection will be triggered. However, if the screen is already on, Pocket Mode will not be activated.

Thank you for the reply @Mansi_ASUS 

Good to know that it is intended that way and not a bug.

I personally feel that i should be able to activate pocket mode when the screen is also on. It is relatively easy to accidentaly swipe over the side fingerprint sensor while putting the phone in a pocket, which unlocks the screen. And from there i have had many times where pocket mode would have served its purpose. When the screen is already off accidental touches can not do much harm anyway.

I hope this feature, or an option for it could be included in a future update.