This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual and simultaneous per app volume control

jwest88
Star II

Hello, new to zenfone. I recently got a zf9, love most things about it but this one stressful and annoying issue. 

On my old moto g power 2020(on android 11) I was able to use various apps that had audio going at once and have control of each app's volume separately. It was just a pop out menu that was a part of the volume menu that appeared when hitting a volume button. 

I know samsung phones allow the same thing via an app called sound assistant or something similar.   

I cannot stand instagram stories just blasting me with noise or bad music by default and also overriding anything else I may be listening to. I used to just turn off audio on insta and Facebook but now I've found a cheaper more budget option(my old phone) just plain did this better. You could listen to a podcast or music via another app without getting interrupted by Instagram, a game, or any other sound producing app. 

Asus could you please integrate this into the OS somehow or release an optional app to do so like Samsung does? It is really annoying and it just makes me not want to use those apps I no longer have control of the audio over.

Decided to post this on the zf 10 forum too for more exposure because I'm almost positive it's an issue on both models 9 and 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @jwest88,

Thank you for the feedback. I will be forwarding your suggestion to the R&D team.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @jwest88,

Thank you for the feedback. I will be forwarding your suggestion to the R&D team.

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. I was hoping stock android 14 would fix this and it would be a non issue when my phone gets that upgrade and some point but my frienf has a pixel on 14 and it doesn't have that feature.  So really hope a miracle happens. Otherwise my next phone will probably be either samsung or motorolla if Google doesn't change this with a future android release. 

ChiEngineer
Star II

I'm using the Zenfone launcher on my zf10. I went in to setting and change the volume part to stock android and then changed the volume panel to native menu.

And that allows for individual volume control? A friend has a pixel with android 14 and it does not allow for individual app volume control.    On my zf9 both the asus and stock options do not let me change individual app volumes.