This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable text magnifier?

Star II

Maybe it's just me, but the text magnifier that pops up when moving text cursor does more harm than good as it "breaks" text line and makes it unreadable in some use cases. For example, scrolling web page address in browser's URL bar, where moving text cursor is the only way to read the entire address — can't scroll it any other way.

Screenshot_20230805-221656_Firefox_Beta_1.jpg

I found an option in settings that claims to disable text magnifier when typing, but it still appears when (manually) moving text cursor. Is there an option I've missed that disables this behavior? If not, would be nice if devs could add it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PBN
Rising Star I

Unfortunately that "Magnify Text" Setting is to do with following the text as you're typing when you have the Accessibility Magnifier part on, so you don't lose where you are on a significantly magnified display. It's not related to what you're experiencing and trying to achieve. I don't know if there's a solution to this as it's baked into every Android version nowadays. However, I use bottom address bar in Kiwi Browser and my magnifier bubble appears above, not inline. In Chrome, Google etc it appears as you have it but it doesn't bother me as much, I still find it handy once your head wraps around it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

PBN
Rising Star I

Unfortunately that "Magnify Text" Setting is to do with following the text as you're typing when you have the Accessibility Magnifier part on, so you don't lose where you are on a significantly magnified display. It's not related to what you're experiencing and trying to achieve. I don't know if there's a solution to this as it's baked into every Android version nowadays. However, I use bottom address bar in Kiwi Browser and my magnifier bubble appears above, not inline. In Chrome, Google etc it appears as you have it but it doesn't bother me as much, I still find it handy once your head wraps around it.

I'd say that magnifying ratio is too low to be useful, but ok, I guess some people like it if it's baked into stock Android and Asus didn't make a tweak for it like it did for some other UI elements. Thanks for clarifying.