This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips, tricks, or hacks for a new zenfone10 user?

danna
Star I

I just got my Zenfone10 a few days ago and finally am getting used to it. I came from a Samsung s10e so it's taking a little getting used to! What are some features or settings I should take advantage of?

Also I have a question; I have my phone set to ultra slow charging, but it still heats up a little. Not a lot but noticable and my s10e never did. I have it set to not charge above 95% and I try not to let it get under 10%. Is the heat common and should I be worried?

2 REPLIES 2

mjmouse
Star III

Hello danna,

I have a 9, so it might be a bit different, but there are a few useful things. I've set my lock key double-press to toggle the torch, letting me use it without having to look at it (and I set long press to camera). (under advanced settings > smart key)

I found the back double and triple tap options often got set off in the car, so I disabled those. (advanced settings > back tap)

I find the gestures on dark screen options very useful, particularly the media controls. (advanced settings > gestures >gestures on dark screen)

There's a few other useful features when you go through all the settings, but those are the main Asus-specific ones that I use.

With the camera, there is a few things there:

You can long-press when focussing on something to get separate focus and exposure settings. It also works just for locking the focus to a specific depth for photos where autofocus doesn't generally work as well.

In the main camera, the shutter button has a few different actions: tap takes a photo, holding takes a video (and then can be dragged up to lock), dragging right takes a burst shot, and dragging up delays by up to 10 seconds (I turned off the led flashing in settings)

For night photos and light trail photos, they turn out a lot better if the phone is somewhere still like a tripod (the phone detects when it is on one and will take a lot longer exposure in night mode)

danna
Star I

@danna wrote:

I just got my Zenfone10 a few days ago and finally am getting used to it. I came from a Samsung s10e so it's taking a little getting used to! What are some features or settings I should take advantage of?

Also I have a question; I have my phone set to ultra slow charging, but it still heats up a little. Not a lot but noticable and my s10e never did. I have it set to not charge above 95% and I try not to let it get under 10%. Is the heat common and should I be worried https://vshare.onl/ https://omegle.onl/?

I got this,..