This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14: less functionality and screen burn in

SrSamuel
Star II

I got my ZF10 on launch. I have been using it since then, I like it a lot, but no USB 3 sucks. Other than that, is perfect.

But then, Android 14 came.

It added literally nothing new. I can't think of a single thing feature that I'm using that wasn't on 13 already.

I fact, it got even less. The swipe from bottom to switch to the last or the one before app is lost. I would be reading manga on an app, then switch to WhatsApp to talk to someone or Instagram or telegram, and all I needed were a few swipes.

Now, if I want to write to someone, it's faster to just swipe to go to home and relaunch any app than swipe and look for the app, since you can only sweep and switch between two apps.

Another problem I got, is that a week or less after updating to Android 14, I got a massive burn in the middle bottom of my screen. I don't know how that happened, since I don't use any app that has any white or bright square there, and the apps with bright colors are usually everywhere on the screen, not just there.

The phone feels a bit laggier as well, don't know why. 

10 REPLIES 10

WTF? Yeah, I discussed with friends about this, how it looks like a "chip". You also got this? It's very noticeable. I already started a RMA but they asked me to factory reset, and I currently can't do that and get rid of my phone for a few days or weeks.

I will look into it next week, but holy, if it's a disabled thing causing this problem, they might have a bigger problem. 

I don't have it visible on normal usage as I still on Android 13. I now remember how I discover this on screen finger print sensor on Asus Zenfone 10. I took a very bright torch light and torch it on the screen and discover that chip 😁

Ninescu
Star II

Hi,

I got the exact same problem. I can't RMA right now, but will in the near future.

This happened 1 maybe 2 weeks after Android 14 update

Ninescu
Star II

I'm hoping a solution will rise before I start RMA 😕

Thanks for posting that. Then it looks like a serious thing. I wonder how they will fix this issue, since if they just replace the screen, it probably will happen again. Hope they have a v2 version without that disabled fingerprint scanner thing.