This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 Split screen bug

cAmiat
Star I

Is there a place where I can file a bug on SysUI?

Since I don't know where, I'll post it here.

Description:

The first app on split screen retains it's window even on recent apps screen. There are no options to close the app, and the issue also blocks users from enabling split screen via recent apps key.

Preconditions:

• 3 Button Navigation enabled
  • Developer options enabled
  • Force all activities to be resizable (Settings > Developer options > Apps)
  • Press and hold to split screen enabled (Settings > Advanced > screenshot)

Steps to reproduce:

• 1. Open any app. Eg: Firefox nightly, Settings, MyAsus, etc
  • 2. Press the home button
  • 3. Open another app different from the step 1.
  • 4. Press and hold the recent apps key
  • 5. Select the first app in step 1 for the bottom window/split app
  • 6. Tap the recent apps key to enter the recent apps screen
  • 7. Observe

Observed results:

• 10/10 - 100% repro rate
  • There will be the top app splash screen hovering over the recent apps. The splash screen preview will block the menu options for apps within the recent apps.
  • Users will not be able to dismiss the app preview, nor remove or disable split screen.
  • See attached video for reference and repro.

Expected results:

• Users should have an option to dismiss the app that is stuck at the top of the screen.

Workarounds:

• Restart the device

5 REPLIES 5

usrb
Star III

Same on Zenfone 9 as I posted. I see the download speed on the status bar. That's not possible with Zenfone 9 because doesn't allow many icons. Are Zenfone 10 settings different

Yeah, I would assume Zenfone 10 settings are different, but I find it interesting that the same bug is also on the 9.

Hey @cAmiat,
Thank you for the information.
Can you please share a log file too?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).

1. Open “Calculator APP”

2. Enter “.19595+=”

3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.

4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.

5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".

6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.

Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

I uploaded a screen recording, and have the logs ready.

Additional observations to append the bugreport:

• The split bug happens with third party apps: Gmail and firefox being two of them.
  • I was not able to reproduce the bug in safe mode. Power menu > Press and hold restart > confirm to reboot into safe mode.

I'll send you a message with the link to where I uploaded the logs + screenrecording. Let me know if there's a need to do the following...

adb bugreport; adb logcat > bug.log

I'm pretty sure this bug can be easily reproduced by others, and hopefully QA as well 😅