cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook ux580g screenpad not working

sirseif91
Star II

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the screenpad on my Asus ux580g after reinstalling windows 10

I'm trying to solve this problem by following the steps in this tutorial :

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041344

when I'm trying to install Screenpad 2.0 upgrade tool it will appear Error 1001: System.Configuration.Install.InstallException: ..................................

Does anyone know how to fix this?

27 REPLIES 27

Hi

I FINALLY DID IT!

I have the Zenbook UX580GD.

I will create a new topic to explain how to bypass screenpad 2.0 upgrade issue. 

I don't have the original OS image,

I would like to contact Asus to give me the original OS image with the drivers but I couldn't find a way.

First launch screenpad update, when it stuck to 1001 error open task manager and kill msiexec.exe process.

go to program files\asus\asus screenpad 2.0 update\client. You will see a xml file, just drag and drop it literally on the .exe in the same folder. it will launch update process.

After that i recommend you to do a fresh install of window 10, and update everything with windows update (drivers in optional update too).

Do not install drivers from asus website and windows will install screenpad driver automatically.

AND ONLY AFTER THAT you can update to windows 11 😉

I didn't fouud on folder  \asus\asus screenpad 2.0 update\client

the file

You didn't folow my step, this is why your folder is empty.

When the error 1001 appear, you MUST kill msiexec.exe with task manager. Do not click on "OK" button.