This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX480FD WiFi Intel AC 9560 & Bluetooth Issue - Code 10

Jarez
Star I
Been really enjoying my Asus Zenbook over the past 2.5 years and have faced relatively minor hardware issues up until now. I have noticed previously that my internet cuts out when I am gaming and only when the graphics card is under load, this was verified using furmark, however this only happens when the laptop is plugged in, when the laptop is on battery this does not occur. I just resorted to using an external USB wifi stick and that does get around the problem but has always irritated me that WiFi cannot be used when the graphics card is under load, even when I am perhaps running an AI workload.
Now after using my laptop that night and waking up to it powered on this morning (this is another issue which I've never found a solution to, magically turning on when it wants to, tried all the windows settings...) anyway...
I noticed that the WiFi was not working and was reporting a code 10 with issues with oem180.inf on the vwifibus. At 7:36am it reported an error on the event viewer that the network adapter has reported an invalid value to the driver, followed by the bluetooth error flagged 2 seconds later. From some detective work I noticed that it tried to do a windows update at 22:13 (9 hours before) on "intel extension 22.1120.0.1" but failed:
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-extension-22107001/ee20ccb5-7520-4835-ae43-58cb1662594e?page=1
Intel Extension 22.1070.0.1 - Microsoft Community. The symptoms are exactly identical to that reported in these forums previously with sudden failures occurring:
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46648/asus-zenbook-ux433fn-network-card-problems
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/38060/ux480fd-error-10-intel-wireless-ac-9560-screenpad-down
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58139/asus-ux333fn-wifi-and-bluetooth-issue-ac-9560-code-10
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50857/encountered-some-problems
I have spent a day trying to remedy this but to no avail, done a complete driver uninstall, network reset, windows update, restore point and nothing has worked the only change I noticed was that it no longer reported an unknown USB device and now instead reports a problem with the bluetooth device as in link 3. Tried driver easy and brought PRO version as well out of frustration and it still doesn't work. Messed around with all the advanced WiFi settings, such as changing bands, output power, SMPS modes and that doesn't make a difference, nor does whether it is on battery or not like before with the graphics card usage.
I am quite frustrated with this and would much rather use the dual band Intel chipset as it is much faster than a WiFi dongle and far more convenient as I am on the move quite a lot. I do not want to try BIOS rollbacks, complete reinstall of Windows or sending it back to the manufacturer as I need my laptop on a daily basis to carry out my research, it is absolutely critical and I cant risk messing it up further or not having it even for a couple of days. I have seen from the comments to links 1,2,3,4 that these are very unlikely to remedy the problem anyway.
Since reading all of these in great detail, I haven't seen that there has been a clear solution to this problem if any. But I hope to at least engage people to try and attempt fixes, I really do think it is software related as it was from the next wakeup after the failed update. Even if it is something that can be tried in hardware, I will be open to try that also, albeit extremely hesitant. I will also post this on the intel forums to see if anything comes out of that.
Look very forward to any feedback on this.
Regards, Jarez

7 REPLIES 7

Jarez95
Star I
Hi,
I haven't found a solution I have been frantically posting on Intel, Windows, Asus, Reddit forums to try and find a solution and I don't have any which have worked for me yet. You could try doing a BIOS reset ("F9 to optimised defaults") this has worked for some people. I personally cannot spare the time to send mine to the factory to be repaired, but after doing some research it seems that it might actually require a motherboard replacement, since it appears the WiFi and Bluetooth card is soldered to the mainboard according to the pictures in:
www.asus-accessories.com/wifi-and-bluetooth-card-for-pc-asus-78161-69166.htm#ux480fd|l
my John Lewis warranty will expire in September and I dont know if it is worth sending it through them, either way it seems significant work will have to be undertaken and it is likely I wont have my laptop for a good while.
Let us know your thoughts.

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Try these steps if your Bluetooth isn't working.-
Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Select Start, then enter settings. Select Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters. Next to Bluetooth, select Run and follow the instructions.
Make sure you have the latest drivers 
If you recently upgraded to Windows 11 or installed Windows 11 updates, the current driver may have been designed for an earlier version of Windows. To automatically check for driver updates:

Select Search on the taskbar, search for Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

In Device Manager, select Bluetooth, and then select the Bluetooth adapter name, which may include the word “radio.”

Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter, and then select Update driver > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select Close.

After installing the updated driver, select the Start button, select Power > Restart if you're prompted to restart, and then check whether that fixes the connection issue.

If Windows can’t find a new Bluetooth driver, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest Bluetooth driver from there.

Important: An outdated or incompatible driver is one of the most common causes of Bluetooth connection problems. 

To manually install the Bluetooth driver:

Go to your PC manufacturer's website and download the latest driver. Then do one of the following:

If you downloaded an executable (.exe) file, just double-click the file to run it and install the drivers. That should be all you need to do.

If you downloaded individual files, and at least one file has an .inf file name extension and another has a .sys extension, do the following:

Select Search on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

In Device Manager, select Bluetooth > the Bluetooth adapter name. (If it’s not listed there, check in Other devices.)

Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select Update driver > Browse my computer for drivers.

Select Browse, select the location where the driver files are stored, and then select OK.

Select Next, and follow the steps to install the driver. When the installation is finished, select Close.

After you've updated the driver, select the Start button, select Power > Restart if you're prompted to restart, and check whether that fixes the connection issue.

Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager
If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try to uninstall the Bluetooth adapter, and then trigger an automatic reinstall. Here's how:

Select Search on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager from the results.

In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device > Uninstall.

Select Start, then select Power > Shut down.

After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver.

If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.