Star I
Battery or AC: Both...
Model: UX3402ZA OLED
Frequency of occurrence: 100%
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: N/A
System: UX3402ZA/ Q409ZA-EVO.I5256BL (BestBuy)S========================
Detailed description:
Bought it brand new from BestBuy, Everything worked just fine, Went in and did Windows updates, which updated the BIOS and since then I've lost audio despite trying different drivers etc, There has been no success. Under Device manager I see a Yellow mark next to Intel smart sound technology oed and it says " fw did not send fw ready"
Also on top of this even with a fresh clean install of Windows 11 it takes 1 min and over 1 min from a cold boot. Performance of it is fast once booted just no sound and booting is very slow / glitchy. At times having to turn it off & back on again several times to get it to post.
This seems like a BIOS issue
11 REPLIES 11

hpad
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/212485#Comment_212485

@hpad

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
Still sticking with ASUS for sure, Ended up getting one of the 14" ROG laptops, but something is really up with the BIOS on the Zenbook. Another note Ubuntu audio will work just fine oddly. Will keep a watch and see if anyone else reports the same issue.

Another note: Used ASUS boards for years and last month got a Z690 ASUS board been happy with it so far.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.