Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: 3 - 4 nights per week
Reset OS: ?
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi everyone,
when I put my computer to sleep and come back some hours later, it sometimes is blazing hot (you can't toouch the underside). When I try to wake it by pressing the power button, it doesn't simply wake from standby; it seems to boot from hibernation, even that is disabled and the computer was plugged in all the time.
MyAsus says that all drivers are up do date. I know this is a Win11 beta, but it also happened on Win10 and the final Win11.
I'm really worried about it catching on fire. Don't know what to check.
11 REPLIES 11

Sonny1983
Star II
Regarding the driver update: I already had installed the latest Intel wifi driver from ASUS through the MyAsus software. I know there was/is a "newer" driver directly from Intel (the Intel driver tool showed me there was an update) and I tried it (before I reinstalled Windows), but it didn't fix the problem. But I'm always skeptic when installing drivers on a laptop when they aren't supplied by the laptop manufacturer. Because there are often compatibility issues. I found that a driver from the laptop manufacturer often works better than the (newer) driver from the manufacturer of the component inside the laptop. Not worth risking trouble, only to get the version number up.
Still, I think that ASUS should look into this problem. If the fix works for all ProDuo's, than ASUS should look into the wifi driver and provide a fix. The registry hacking should not have been necessary for a user. It should work out-of-the-box.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.