Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: 3 - 4 nights per week
Reset OS: ?
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi everyone,
when I put my computer to sleep and come back some hours later, it sometimes is blazing hot (you can't toouch the underside). When I try to wake it by pressing the power button, it doesn't simply wake from standby; it seems to boot from hibernation, even that is disabled and the computer was plugged in all the time.
MyAsus says that all drivers are up do date. I know this is a Win11 beta, but it also happened on Win10 and the final Win11.
I'm really worried about it catching on fire. Don't know what to check.
11 REPLIES 11

popolino1909
Star III
Win11 is a bullshit

Sonny1983
Star II
I've got it: After a clean install of Win11 the problem still occured. But: In the Event viewer, there were endless entries from the wifi network chip. So the wifi woke the system up from standby and kept it on. In Win10 (at least in the "early days" of it) there was an option in "Settings" where you could define if you wanted the PC to stay connected to the network in standby or not. Sadly, I couldn't find this setting anymore. With a registry modification I was able to get this setting back in the Energy Settings of the old control panel. I turned network off in standby, and since Sunday the laptop stayed in standby every time. Cold as ice. And now there are actually gaps in the Event Viewer for the time of standby. So I think that was the problem. I think it should not have happened (Intel driver bug?), but it works now.
@popolino1909 : Not that helpful, and also open for debate. I like Win11. Same rock-solid Kernel as Win10 with better UI and some good nwe features. But as I sad, it all depends on your liking. IMHO, with the exception of Vista and Win8, every version since & including XP is good.

Falcon_ASUS
Sonny1983

I've got it: After a clean install of Win11 the problem still occured. But: In the Event viewer, there were endless entries from the wifi network chip. So the wifi woke the system up from standby and kept it on. In Win10 (at least in the "early days" of it) there was an option in "Settings" where you could define if you wanted the PC to stay connected to the network in standby or not. Sadly, I couldn't find this setting anymore. With a registry modification I was able to get this setting back in the Energy Settings of the old control panel. I turned network off in standby, and since Sunday the laptop stayed in standby every time. Cold as ice. And now there are actually gaps in the Event Viewer for the time of standby. So I think that was the problem. I think it should not have happened (Intel driver bug?), but it works now.

@popolino1909 : Not that helpful, and also open for debate. I like Win11. Same rock-solid Kernel as Win10 with better UI and some good nwe features. But as I sad, it all depends on your liking. IMHO, with the exception of Vista and Win8, every version since & including XP is good.

View post
@Sonny1983
If the problem persists,  please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Sonny1983
Star II
@Falcon_ASUS Thanks, but as I wrote, after my modifications my Zenbook sleeps properly now.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Sonny1983

View post
Exellent to know! Thanks for sharing. Do you think that the Intel driver update to the WLAN adapter would also have fixed this? I have conferred multiple sources now to the out-of-the-box battery drain of this series of Zenbook to having to update with the Intel driver update utility in order for things to run entirely smoothly. After the update however there are no issues and battery life is consistently 7+ hrs