This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Taskview Problem with new Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED (UP6502)

System: Windows 11 Home
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UP6502Z
Frequency of occurrence: Constantly
Reset OS: Yes (multiple reinstalls of Windows 11)
Screenshot or video: See screengrab provided
========================
Detailed description:
I have a new Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED ( UP6502, 12th Gen Intel) with Windows 11 Home installed. I bought it this week. The computer has a problem when trying to use the Taskview to setup multiple desktops, each with a different background image applied. After different images are applied to each desktop, they randomly change to match the same background image that was used on one of the other desktops.
I have spoken to Asus support regarding this and they told me to talk to Microsoft about it. So far, I've spoken to 4 tech support members at Microsoft and escalated the issue to a level 2 tech, without finding a resolution to this annoying problem.
I have reinstalled Windows 11 three times, with the last time doing a complete rebuild with no personal files or apps kept. Immediately, after reinstalling Windows 11, the problem still exists! I've updated all software and drivers, without fixing the problem so far.
This is a very frustrating issue, especially since I have another desktop PC with Windows 11 Home installed and the Taskview desktop backgrounds work perfectly and never change on their own. Yet, for some reason, this new Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED has this built-in problem.
Below is a screengrab showing two desktops that had different background images assigned, but then changed on their own to the same image. Please note that individual pictures were assigned as backgrounds, not a slideshow.

asus-screenshot.jpg

Any help to fix this issue would be appreciated!
Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

Thank you for your continued help!

Falcon_ASUS
ricklightheart

Thank you for your continued help!

View post
@ricklightheart
Confirmed by the technical unit, please open MyASUS and turn off the Pixel shift function.
[Notebook] MyASUS - Customization | Official Support | ASUS GlobalThank you.

Thank you for your help. I turned off the Pixel Shift Function and rebooted my system. So far, your fix seems to be working! I appreciate everyone's help and will let you know if anything changes.
Do you know when Asus might be able to update its software so that this bug is permanently fixed and I can turn Pixel Shift back on?

Falcon_ASUS
ricklightheart

Thank you for your help. I turned off the Pixel Shift Function and rebooted my system. So far, your fix seems to be working! I appreciate everyone's help and will let you know if anything changes.

Do you know when Asus might be able to update its software so that this bug is permanently fixed and I can turn Pixel Shift back on?

View post
@ricklightheart
I have checked with the technical unit again.
If there is any update, I will reply to you immediately.
Thank you.

Thank you and your team for your great help with this! I appreciate it and hope that you have a good weekend!