Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zenbook Pro Duo UX581GV-XB94T
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: N\A
========================
Detailed description:I cannot get my Valve Index VR headset to connect to this laptop with the Cable Matters USB C to DisplayPort adapter, and the Valve Index will not work with HDMI.
Does the Thunderbolt 3 port connect to the RTX 2060, or the Intel UHD 630 graphics?
I'm curious if anyone has used the Valve Index with the Zenbook Pro Duo
26 REPLIES 26

maggie-talbot
Star I
Wish I had of seen this thread before spending £3k on a laptop that says its VR capable. Even the store I purchased this laptop from say its crazy that the TB3 is only connected to the basic graphic card. I'd like to know which VR headset they tested this laptop with. Clearly not the Oculus rift s. I am now waiting for ASUS technical to call me, don't think i have any chance of returning this laptop for a full refund as it is clearly not fit for purpose. The only reason I purchased it was because of the VR and it was light to take with me while visiting clients. Does anyone know which VR headset works with this laptop. VERY DISAPPOINTED

deckard
Star II
maggie-talbot

Wish I had of seen this thread before spending £3k on a laptop that says its VR capable. Even the store I purchased this laptop from say its crazy that the TB3 is only connected to the basic graphic card. I'd like to know which VR headset they tested this laptop with. Clearly not the Oculus rift s. I am now waiting for ASUS technical to call me, don't think i have any chance of returning this laptop for a full refund as it is clearly not fit for purpose. The only reason I purchased it was because of the VR and it was light to take with me while visiting clients. Does anyone know which VR headset works with this laptop. VERY DISAPPOINTED

View post
I can't say (nor am I going to list the possibilities), but as the HDMI port IS wired to the graphics card, any of the headsets that use it should, I stress should be compatible.
I think the early oculus and the HTC Vive used the HDMI, but I own neither, so I could easily be wrong.

ASUS should, at the very least, publish a list of headsets that ARE compatible imho.

If you want something more official (though I highly doubt this is the place for it), you should at (@) one of the moderators, or email tech support as I did.