This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyASUS switches back desktop Background setting to "Picture" from "Windows Spotlight"

Prabu28
Star I
System: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H
Battery or AC: Both on Battery or AC
Model: ASUS Zenbook 14X OLED SPAE EDITION (UX5401ZAS)
Frequency of occurrence: Around every 2 minutes
Reset OS: Yes, but issue is with MyASUS software
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Open Windows Settings - go to Personalization > Background.
Setting Description: Personalize your background
In drop-down set value to Windows Spotlight
MyASUS switches back this set value to "Picture" every time after around 2 minutes, which prevents users from using windows spotlight desktop background.
Upon installing MyASUS software the setting remains in "Windows Spotlight" and doesn't change back automatically.
Somewhere in MyASUS software code, the developers might have added a code snippet to set desktop background during OEM installation or may be some other reason.

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello Prabu28 and thank you for reaching out.
May I ask if your meaning is that installing MyASUS will prevent you from customizing the Windows Spotlight desktop background? Can the issue be fixed by uninstalling MyASUS?
In addition to updating MyASUS, have you also updated the ASUS System Control Interface Driver?
Could you please provide the MyASUS version and the ASUS System Control Interface Driverof the current usage?
Thank you.

EmC350
Star I

I'm having a similar problem with MyASUS changing my background. I have two Windows Users Accounts setup on my laptop. MyASUS apparantly has to be installed from the Windows Store on each individual account to set settings and use its features. When installed on account B, it will somehow pull the background I use on account A and set it as the background for account B. If I uninstall MyASUS from account B, the background reverts back.

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Anonymous 

Could you please refer to [Notebook] MyASUS - Customization, try disable the pixel shift and pixel refresh functions to see if the problem is fixed? 

Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.