This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my warranty still valid with Asus if I opened the back of my Zenbook 14?

Berblarez
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC:
Model: Zenbook 14 UM3402Y
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Yesterday my week old Zenbook 14 decided to die on me out of the blue, it just shut up and didn't turn back on. I decided to do some instructions I found online from Asus about removing the battery and pressing the power on button, but since I didn't have all the tools necessary to take out the battery I left it on but before that I did take out the back cover of the laptop and some screws that were holding the battery in place. Since then I put everything back on, causing no damage to the internal components of the laptop in the process.
I now have contacted Asus and I will send the laptop to them, but did I make the 1 year warranty invalid with them by doing all of the above?
3 REPLIES 3

FongPoui
Rising Star II
I experienced this with my only two months old zenbook because I wanted to replace 1TB Nvme to 2TB Nveme. There is a warranty void on that Nvme slot. So I decided to go to ASC and got it replaced by paying a service for 300 baht.
If you just opened you laptop and didn't do anything with the area where you see warranty void, I think that there is no problem.

Falcon_ASUS
Berblarez
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Zenbook 14 UM3402Y
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Yesterday my week old Zenbook 14 decided to die on me out of the blue, it just shut up and didn't turn back on. I decided to do some instructions I found online from Asus about removing the battery and pressing the power on button, but since I didn't have all the tools necessary to take out the battery I left it on but before that I did take out the back cover of the laptop and some screws that were holding the battery in place. Since then I put everything back on, causing no damage to the internal components of the laptop in the process.

I now have contacted Asus and I will send the laptop to them, but did I make the 1 year warranty invalid with them by doing all of the above?

Is my warranty still valid with Asus if I opened the back of my Zenbook 14?
@Berblarez
Since I don't see the actual condition of your laptop, I may not be able to give you a definite answer.
The actual processing and judgment need to be confirmed by the repair center.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.