System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Anyone getting choppy animations on WIndows 10 (minimizing restoring etc..) when on 4k res on main monitor? It was pretty bad, after updating bios it got better but still not smooth as it should be, especially if theres a video playing.
19 REPLIES 19

samuelaviv
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello @samuelaviv ,

well....mouse do have something to do with this, may you double check?

Especially you said lowering the resolution help....

Also, if you change the setting in IE (or Edge), Chrome will follow.

Please kindly check as well.

Thank you.

View post
No, mouse most certainly does not have anything to do with this, I have "double" checked, might even say triple and quadruple and quintuple checked, its right there to just scroll, its not like I had to assemble the touchpad, I would imagine that was pretty clear in my answer. The mouse and the touchpad are the same, actually, its slightly worse on the touchpad because of the nature of the continuous motion on the pad.
I changed in IE to software rendering, that did nothing. And why would it? does that have any bearing on windows animations? I am pretty sure a setting under internet options in IE has absolutely no effect on how windows it self draws windows and animations.
If it was a debugging or troubleshooting strategy for identifying the issue and to see if on IE itself, as a closed sandbox, it makes a difference in a specific website in which we can replicate the issue and test on/off hardware rendering, thats another matter, but you didnt ask any of that. There is no point in toggling a dead setting in a dead browser in hope it would have any bearing on windows own animations and drawings.
The issue is system wide, not a web content issue, or a chrome or edge or any of those, its something directly with asus system build, compatibility or something along those lines.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @samuelaviv ,
okay...
I have send you PM.
Please kindly check.

Twyker
Star I
Was this solved @samuelaviv ?

samuelaviv
Star III
Twyker