This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug] Asus Zenbook Pro Duo Intel SST Driver not working (reinstall)

darktears31
Star III
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Asus Zenbook Pro Duo Intel SST Driver not working (reinstall)
Model: Asus Zenbook Pro Duo
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/202002/28/143056b5zql56o336zvq7z.png

Hi, Again, doing some QA for Asus. Laptop was freshly reset and I can't get Intel iSST to work as it should. I grabbed the latest version from the website of Asus : Version V10.23.0.2672 from 2019/08/29. The installation works fine however the device manager shows an error in regards to Intel Smart Sound Technology OED (see screenshot). My Realtek drivers are up-to-date from the same website (Version V6.0.8821.1). Because of this bug the laptop doesn't have working sound. My only alternative is to remove the Intel Smart Sound stuff altogether. A quick Google shows something similar (sure it's for a NUC but look awfully similar) : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025131/intel-nuc/intel-nuc-kits.html Same error code. Could it be because the Intel iSST driver from the Asus website is old, and Realtek driver was updated but not this one? Any idea? Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

darktears31
Star III
Though failed to load external libraries sounds awfully like a driver packaging issue.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello darktears31, May I know if your BIOS is version 305? and you reset OS with the original one from factory,right? Thank you.

darktears31
Star III
BIOS version 305. It was reset to vanilla windows then I've added the drivers per Asus website.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Same issue here. What I did was to uninstall the driver completely, restart, scan for hardware changes, install it automatically, reinstall sound driver, restart, scan for hardware changes, it will find a newer version, restart and that's it. Now I have the version in the picture.