This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X555L - i5 to i7 motherboard upgrade options?

pdrachman
Star I
I would like to upgrade the Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor, 2.2GHz with Nvidia cpu to an i7 motherboard - in an Asus X555LA –XX024D laptop which has a Asus motherboard with 5th gen i5 cpu P/N 60NB0810 -M1A00 (331) X555LJ
What is the part number of the compatible Intel® Core™ i7-5500U Processor 2.4 GHz motherboard please?

1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
pdrachman

I would like to upgrade the Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor, 2.2GHz with Nvidia cpu to an i7 motherboard - in an Asus X555LA –XX024D laptop which has a Asus motherboard with 5th gen i5 cpu P/N 60NB0810 -M1A00 (331) X555LJ

What is the part number of the compatible Intel® Core™ i7-5500U Processor 2.4 GHz motherboard please?

Asus X555L - i5 to i7 motherboard upgrade options?
Just now I compared those two processor speciations in intel official website , two processor uses same socket.
unfortunately those processors are discontinued and you wont support to end consumers.
if you cannot upgrade processor from laptop motherboard because upgrading needs proper BIOS firmware and proper testing and proper motherboard design Which supports upgraded processors.
You won't get special bios firmware from asus in this case..
So leave off upgrade processor idea. But if possible you can upgrade SSD or HDD or RAM modules, but Asus cannot give compatibility checks.