This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First hand experience with the SFSI

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
I'm seriously interested in knowing how this phone is like especially when it comes to thermals and gaming performance. Especially doplhin performance is very intriueging.
1 REPLY 1

natesc0tt
Star III

It works great... until it doesn't! I've had 5 of these. I work at Qualcomm. They gave us these as part of a trial to test the snapdragon 8 chipset transceiver.  Happy to be a guinea pig (especially to test free new tech) but it's been such a hassle. There are two major common hardware failures. Every single device that I, or anyone I know in the program has eventually faced a UI crash where call audio, bluetooth, speakers (all sound crashes), or the other common failure: The camera stops working, "ERROR: Camera is not ready. Please try again later." This camera error is a very common complaint from what I see on this forum and others (reddit, xda, etc.) There are hundreds of angry Asus phone customers reporting this issue. Not just this model. Other device models as well including mine (the snapdragon insiders "flagship" device).  All these useless steps yield no results. Asus must know this is a common hardware failure and is acting ignorant, hiding behind the expired warranty excuse.

For a lot less $$$ with better features and latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, I recommend Motorola Edge+ 2023 for $799. Avoid these Asus phones at all cost from now on.