latest Android 11, firmware: 18.1055.2305.249
Not rooted
Issue: The camera stops working...
"ERROR: Camera is not ready. Please try again later."
Fails all camera/flashlight SMMI tests
Does not work in safe mode.
Cleared cache/storage/permissions.
Factory Reset.
Nothing works. Obviously a common, known, hardware failure. Own it. Fess up. Stop B.S.ing

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@natesc0tt 
If the issue persists even after entering safe mode and performing a factory reset, it is possible that there is an abnormality with the camera.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.

This is an  insulting response. "Possible"? "Abnormality"? How about absolutely obviously a known hardware malfunction? Sorry for inconvenience? I (and many others) have a broken device at no fault of our own that was very expensive. If you're sorry, how will you resolve this? Am I getting a replacement? How about instead of giving me a replacement $1500 Asus that will also probably fail, buy and send me an $800 Motorola edge + 2023 that is a better device for less. You're gaslighting and helping this company run cover for widespread problems so Asus can avoid accountibility. "Abnormal" issues are not this well-documented and widespread. There are dozens of similar complaints on multiple websites about these Asus phones. Why do you think Qualcomm dropped Asus for Xiaomi for the next iteration of these snapdragon insiders device?

@natesc0tt
If your phone is still under warranty, it is recommended to contact the service center in your location, which can be found on the right side under "Inquiry service," for further confirmation. However, if your phone is out of warranty, repair and diagnostic fees will apply when sending it for inspection. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.