This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really disapointed with with Android Pie Rollout..

bAN0NYM0US
Star I
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_ZS600KL_15.1630.1902.80_0
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
Rooted: No
APP Name: Android

I had such high ambitions for this phone, and I'm just extremely disapointed with the firmware rollout for Android Pie. Samsung had a bad name for taking forever to release their latest updates to a major android update and they usually get it around 6 to 8 months, you.. Asus.. I can't even understand what is going on behind those doors or the monkeys you've hired as staff.. Android 9 came out March 7th 2018.. You've have OVER an entire year to roll this out and still, nothing. The phone was cool, I loved the design and high refreshrate display, but I am never, buying, or even accepting antoher Asus product again. If someone tries to give me one for free, I'll throw it out because I know that basically brand new out of the box, it's already outdated, and by the time it actually gets an update, that update is already outdated. Honestly at this point, just give up on the Android 9 update and start working on the Android 10 Beta that's already released, maybe you'll actually have a chance at getting a timely roll out. Or, maybe join the Android One programme so users can decide if they want the stock outdated firmware from you, or actually get a proper update when it's released from Google. Sorry Asus, but I'm never buying another product again, this was by far the worst experience I've ever had with Android software, and the only one to blame is you.
7 REPLIES 7

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/5/7 14:33
bAN0NYM0US posted on 2019/5/4 10:23 ..and don't even get me started on the lack of VoLTE.. Pretty well all of Canada has RCS chat, and t ...
Hi bAN0NYM0US, About VoLTE and RCS chat, could you tell me your operator? Thanks for your help :) About Android Pie, we are sorry for the inconvenience and the long wait. We will make an announcement once Android Pie becomes available. Thank you for your patience and support for ASUS products.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi all, After our team's confirmation, ROG phone (ZS600KL) is expected to upgrade to Android Pie (9.0) in Q3. Thank you for your kind patience and understanding. 🙂

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/5/13 11:02 Hi all, After our team's confirmation, ROG phone (ZS600KL) is expected to upgrade to Android Pie (9 ...
Asus has failed in the mobile industry, don't ever consider making another Asus phone. You guys suck at it. Stick to gaming peripherals. I have an ROG PC and Phone. Never ever will I buy another Asus product. You guys promised to launch Phone cases and never did. I even got an email confirming the date of the launch and it eat a false commitment. Network speed sucks. I wish I could get my money back. I would gladly buy a different one. YOU SUCK ASUS