TesseractSpace
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG Phone 1
Firmware Version:latest/last
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:just started
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):n/a
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Pretty much a year after getting my ROG Phone 1, and it just started literally falling apart. Whatever made the speakers orange has flaked away and the plastic bit under the bottom speaker just fell off. Looks like the glue has decayed. Given I've been homebound it doesn't even leave it's dock most days, it's a bit troubling. I hope Asus has improved build quality on their newer stuff. Not that I can afford the new ROG phones anyhow. Gonna go for a cheap phone that at least will remain in one piece.
4 REPLIES 4

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi TesseractSpace
Thank you for your asking. Have you ever dropped or bent the device, for example, put the device in the back pocket of the jeans and sat on it? As I remember, you had purchased your device last year. If the device did not have CID (customer induced damage) after the diagnosis from local engineers at the repair center; plus you have registered/kept your invoice and the device is in warranty, the device will be repaired without charge.
Please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence for further device checking and provide me your SN & RMA no. via inbox PM: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try CallUs: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs
Please backup before you submitted to the repair center
[Phone] How to back up the data stored in your phone ? | Official Support | ASUS Global

TesseractSpace
Star III
Pretty sure I don't have a warranty as I bought a global version. Was quite careful with it, the bits falling off seems to be the result of being put into and taken out of a pocket, and the glue holding the below speaker bit being rather brittle. These are aesthetic issues, the phone doesn't have any technical issues to repair.
Since the phone isn't getting software updates I've already replaced with an iPhone. (Not a fan of Apple as a company but software updates should be good for a few years.)

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi TesseractSpace
Thank you for your reply. Did you purchase your device from local authorized channel? You may provide me your SN for warranty checking. Thank you.

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
This is a known issue with Asus Rog phone 1 design and build. You'll find several users on this forum and also on XDA with the same issue. I even raised a complaint to Asus team when the phone was in warranty and they could do nothing about it.