YouTube buffers at 1080p 60FPS

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): YouTube (latest)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
YouTube videos constantly buffer while playing at 1080p 60 FPS. I've tried clearing the cache and restoring network settings but no luck.
17 REPLIES 17

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mandalkunal5555

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): YouTube (latest)

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

YouTube videos constantly buffer while playing at 1080p 60 FPS. I've tried clearing the cache and restoring network settings but no luck.

YouTube buffers at 1080p 60FPS
I guess this should be totally dependent on your carrier speeds. May be your carrier has a weaker network to stream higher resolutions.
Can you check with any other device to confirm if its phone or carriers fault.??
If 60fps still doesn't stream on another device with same carrier than its carriers fault and not a phone to be blame on.
Thanks!

ronald1985
Community Legend I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46498/youtube-buffers-at-1080p-60fps

I guess this should be totally dependent on your carrier speeds. May be your carrier has a weaker network to stream higher solutions.

Can you check with any other device to confirm if its phone or carriers fault.??

If 60fps still doesn't stream on another device with same carrier than its carriers fault and not a phone to be blame on.

Thanks!

View post
Works perfectly fine for me though I am on 200 Mbps. On .75 firmware.

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160539#Comment_160539

Works perfectly fine for me though I am on 200 Mbps. On .75 firmware.

View post
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46498/youtube-buffers-at-1080p-60fps

I guess this should be totally dependent on your carrier speeds. May be your carrier has a weaker network to stream higher solutions.

Thanks!

View post
I have a 300 Mbps fiber connection with less than 3 ms latency so it's definitely not my ISP. I have tried streaming on my old OnePlus 6 and iPhone 8 and it's working just fine.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hey mandalkunal5555,
Check the step mentioned by Amit and revert back.