This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TYPE C is acting weird after update

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
I have a ROG CETRA that i'm using for my ROG PHONE 2 and my Desktop. I notice that now in the ROG phone 2 the CETRA disconnects randomly after working for 10-20 minutes. on the Desktop there is no problem. My desktop has a built in type C B450E strix. i notice in the phone that even if the red light on the headset is still active when it stops functioning the white light on the volume controller suddenly disappears and headset icon on the phone disappears. Kindly fix this bug. I don't think that there is something wrong with the type c of the phone i tried it bottom part, side part and with the aerocooler still the same problem. if i connect the headset in my desktop there is no issue or random disconnection. I just notice this after the 2007.27 update. is there a fix to this? please help
8 REPLIES 8

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
IRONHIDE

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/102401#Comment_102401

so are you saying all the usb c port has a hardware issue?. i think it is software issue though.

View post
I don't know. I'm trying to trouble shoot to find out if it's either your phone or caused by software. I will try to get a colleague with Cetra on hand to test it with a ROG2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've been playing music for two hours now without any issues and I just updated my ROG Cetra to latest version

yaduwanshishubh
Star III
IRONHIDE

I have a ROG CETRA that i'm using for my ROG PHONE 2 and my Desktop. I notice that now in the ROG phone 2 the CETRA disconnects randomly after working for 10-20 minutes. on the Desktop there is no problem. My desktop has a built in type C B450E strix. i notice in the phone that even if the red light on the headset is still active when it stops functioning the white light on the volume controller suddenly disappears and headset icon on the phone disappears. Kindly fix this bug. I don't think that there is something wrong with the type c of the phone i tried it bottom part, side part and with the aerocooler still the same problem. if i connect the headset in my desktop there is no issue or random disconnection. I just notice this after the 2007.27 update. is there a fix to this? please help

TYPE C is acting weird after update
The problem may be with the port on your pc, it may be damaged. I was also having the same problem, had replaced the port and now its working good for me.

leekenthao
Star I
All I got to say is Apple got sued for implementing OS updates to slow down phones and battery drainage shenanigans. Today after reading so much stuff as to why today AUGUST 20th 2020 my ASUS ROG 2 phone is dumb at charging and everything the creator of this thread has come to life on my phone. USB to C type charger whilst connected to computer charge just fine but it isn't hyper charging. Just Charged. I have use different C type connector to charge and the charging is on and off, say like every minute it'll stop charging. I've used original Asus ROG 2 phone charger on another C type charged port android phone and the charger works just fine. It isn't the Asus Phone, the charge port, nor the charger. It is the [insert cuss word] update, Android 10. I am furious.
Another point to make:
I use my phone at work with no charging on youtube listening to stuff and it'll barely scratch the battery. From like 85 to 50 battery life left. Today, carelessly I decided to look and viola 15% battery on youtube.
Conclusion: It is the update to Android 10 that caused the problem.
P.S. I have contacted Tech support in the bay near San Francisco and you guys hired dumb asses. Previously before all this, the m'fer couldn't answer and kept putting on hold every time I ask a question like he is attempting to get a answer. Forgot what my issue was though, it has been 5 months.