This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMMI camera test fail

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog phone 2 strix edition(128/8 Gb)
Firmware Version:latest
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:-
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):-.
I tried doing a routine smmi test and everything went normally except for the camera test. The camera test for the telephoto,wide angle as well as the front facing camera all fail after I take a picture. But when I used all 3 cameras in the default camera app they work fine. So can I know whether there is anything wrong with my camera or the test.
@Anders_ASUS
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
zacharykurian9964

1. Model Name:rog phone 2 strix edition(128/8 Gb)
  2. Firmware Version:latest
  3. Rooted or not:no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:-
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):-.

I tried doing a routine smmi test and everything went normally except for the camera test. The camera test for the telephoto,wide angle as well as the front facing camera all fail after I take a picture. But when I used all 3 cameras in the default camera app they work fine. So can I know whether there is anything wrong with my camera or the test.

@Anders_ASUS

SMMI camera test fail
There's probably nothing to worry about as you say, it's working. I would try clearing the lenses with proper cloth so you don't scratch it.

Okay thanks for the tip 👍

Vamp
Zen Master I
zacharykurian9964

1. Model Name:rog phone 2 strix edition(128/8 Gb)
  2. Firmware Version:latest
  3. Rooted or not:no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:-
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):-.

@Anders_ASUS

SMMI camera test fail
In FAQ app by Asus, SMMI test have changed its validation, it now only says it passed a test when it captures a specific QR code. That might be the case for you...