cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 Gaming problem

pegasokra
Star I

Hey guys,

I have my Rog phone 2 for over 3 years and it has served me well but from afew months ago I've been having problems when running high power emulators or games. The phone gets hot and restarts until it cools down. I have read threads and comments, Googled and watched videos on YouTube but can't find a fix that works.

I read that there is a patch for overheating but I can't find it unless it's included in the Android 11 update which I am currently using. I also read on people who have replaced the thermal paste and used thermal pads on the phone. I have never opened my phone before. If possible will someone be willing to upload a video on how to do this and show the process of applying the thermal paste or putting in the thermal pads. I would be really grateful and I'm sure it will help alot of people with this problem.

I'm using Android 11 last update. Phone is over 3 years old. It feels like it's overheating the screen gets hot. It goes into a restart loop on playing high end games and emulators like yuzu until it cools down. When charging the phones switches off but charges like normal. It's the Tencent version so I don't have access to fix it with Asus in my country. Phone hasn't had any problems until this point. No lagging and everything else runs 100%.

Help would be appreciated to me and alot of people having these issues.

1 REPLY 1

Pradeep316
Star III

hey @pegasokra - its because for heating issue - so Better Visit Service centre and apply Quality Thermal grease  to fix this issue - it will work