This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 2 Dead (overheat)

h_mahmoodabbasi
Star II
ROG phone 2 ,global version, latest firmware!
Was playing pubg for 12 hours staright, external fan was attached. Suddenly device turned off, I restarted and noticed device is super hot, 48°C. Still finished the game (played another 10 mins). My stupidity, I turned off the device and put it on charge and dozed off. Woke up and device was dead. Tried everything from recent solutions posted ( power + up/down key, w/ w/ocharger). I think I fried the motherboard. I am currently in Pakistan but live in Saudi Arabia. Can you guys let me know if there is any service center in either countries. Mobile is out of Warranty. Whats my best option?
4 REPLIES 4

h_mahmoodabbasi
Star II
@Titan_ASUS please help

India220
Rising Star I
h.mahmoodabbasi

Was playing pubg for 12 hours staright, external fan was attached. Suddenly device turned off, I restarted and noticed device is super hot, 48°C. Still finished the game (played another 10 mins). My stupidity, I turned off the device and put it on charge and dozed off. Woke up and device was dead. Tried everything from recent solutions posted ( power + up/down key, w/ w/ocharger). I think I fried the motherboard. I am currently in Pakistan but live in Saudi Arabia. Can you guys let me know if there is any service center in either countries. Mobile is out of Warranty. Whats my best option?

Go for new mobile,

ronald1985
Community Legend I
h.mahmoodabbasi

If you are not looking for another phone and looking to repair, take it to different service centre (doesn't have to be an official service centre) and see which one is cheaper.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@h.mahmoodabbasi You'll need to have your device checked by a service center, as your problem most likely stems from faulty hardware.