Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 Crashes & Restarts When Gaming

rohit_pawar1007
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 (128 GB)
Firmware Version:ANDROID 10 (5th July 2020 security patch)
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime I play games or stream on Youtube
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not app related
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I've had a new issue since this week's start. My phone has began randomly crashing & restarting when I play games. I have had the phone since November 2019 & faced relatively no issues so far, but this new one had really frustrated & discouraged me because my live game streams are affected & I have to explain it everytime to my viewers.
Its really weird to not be able to use a gaming phone for gaming. I plan on visiting the service center the coming week & discussing this with them, but since I'm located in a small town in India, I'm not sure they'll accept ROG.
Apart from this, the airtriggers have begun flickering & I've tried everything from sensitivity booster to changing levels of pressure.
Can someone please guide me about what I should do? I'm very disappointed with this new issue & can't even begin to think of the troubles I'll face if this issue persists after warranty is over.

5 REPLIES 5

n_tluangtea
Star II
rohit.pawar1007

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2 (128 GB)
  2. Firmware Version:ANDROID 10 (5th July 2020 security patch)
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime I play games or stream on Youtube
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not app related

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I've had a new issue since this week's start. My phone has began randomly crashing & restarting when I play games. I have had the phone since November 2019 & faced relatively no issues so far, but this new one had really frustrated & discouraged me because my live game streams are affected & I have to explain it everytime to my viewers.

Its really weird to not be able to use a gaming phone for gaming. I plan on visiting the service center the coming week & discussing this with them, but since I'm located in a small town in India, I'm not sure they'll accept ROG.

Apart from this, the airtriggers have begun flickering & I've tried everything from sensitivity booster to changing levels of pressure.

Can someone please guide me about what I should do? I'm very disappointed with this new issue & can't even begin to think of the troubles I'll face if this issue persists after warranty is over.

ROG Phone 2 Crashes & Restarts When Gaming
I have the same problem...Asus please fix this fast

rulyrexhodam
Star III
n.tluangtea

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33207/rog-phone-2-crashes-restarts-when-gaming

I have the same problem...Asus please fix this fast

View post
Same problem.. plz asus help us

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
The fix is to visit an ASUS Service Center. We have already concluded that this issue is hardware and not software.

rohit_pawar1007
Star III
@Anders_ASUS I did and it started a whole new series of bad experiences & disappointments. I made a new discussion about it named 'ROG Phone 2 Nightmarish Experience'.
Do check it out maybe 🙂