This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG phone 2 can't differentiate between 2.4GHz and 5GHz ?

mr_strange
Rising Star II
My Rog phone 2 is connecting to 2.4Ghz bandwidth instead of 5Ghz . Can't the phone differentiate between 2.4 and 5Ghz? A 10k Mi note 5 pro is able to connect to 5ghz and my Oneplus 5t is able to connect. Why can't this gaming phone with 4 WiFi antennas connect to the fastest one?
I use 2.4 in my room as the router is in my hall and 5GHz doesn't have coverage in my room. But when I come to hall and turnoff wifi and turn it on, it still connects to 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.
5 REPLIES 5

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
Are you saying the phone should automatically connect to 5Ghz? If you manually go into WIFI settings and connect does it connect to 5Ghz? Let me know if there is an error.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Android's logic is to find the next wifi signal connection when a wifi connection is broken. So when you connect to an AP, as long as the connection status is still there, regardless of the connection quality, the phone will still connect to that AP until the communication is disconnected.

mr_strange
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi,

Are you saying the phone should automatically connect to 5Ghz? If you manually go into WIFI settings and connect does it connect to 5Ghz? Let me know if there is an error.

View post
Yes. It connects if I go to wifi and change to 5g. But why doesn't it connect automatically?

mr_strange
Rising Star II
kikoly

Android's logic is to find the next wifi signal connection when a wifi connection is broken. So when you connect to an AP, as long as the connection status is still there, regardless of the connection quality, the phone will still connect to that AP until the communication is disconnected.

View post
I clearly said above that my Oneplus 5t connects to 5g when i turn off WiFi and turn it on again. Even redmi note 5 pro is connecting automatically. But in Rog 2, I have to manually go to WiFi settings and change it.