This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 doesn't differentiate 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

mr_strange
Rising Star II
My Rog phone 2 is connecting to 2.4Ghz bandwidth instead of 5Ghz . Can't the phone differentiate between 2.4 and 5Ghz? A 10k Mi note 5 pro is able to connect to 5ghz and my Oneplus 5t is able to connect. Why can't this gaming phone with 4 WiFi antennas connect to the fastest one?
I use 2.4 in my room as the router is in my hall and 5GHz doesn't have coverage in my room. But when I come to hall and turnoff wifi and turn it on, it still connects to 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.

20 REPLIES 20

mr_strange
Rising Star II
mr.strange

My Rog phone 2 is connecting to 2.4Ghz bandwidth instead of 5Ghz . Can't the phone differentiate between 2.4 and 5Ghz? A 10k Mi note 5 pro is able to connect to 5ghz and my Oneplus 5t is able to connect. Why can't this gaming phone with 4 WiFi antennas connect to the fastest one?

I use 2.4 in my room as the router is in my hall and 5GHz doesn't have coverage in my room. But when I come to hall and turnoff wifi and turn it on, it still connects to 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.

ROG 2 doesn't differentiate 2.4ghz and 5ghz?
Even i manually go to WiFi and wait till it recognises 5ghz band, then if i select. It connect. But why doesn't it automatically connect to the 5Ghz bandwidth?

Vableme
Rising Star II
mr.strange

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50082/rog-2-doesnt-differentiate-2-4ghz-and-5ghz

Even i manually go to WiFi and wait till it recognises 5ghz band, then if i select. It connect. But why doesn't it automatically connect to the 5Ghz bandwidth?

View post
A phone always connects to the last used wifi.

mr_strange
Rising Star II
Vableme

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173897#Comment_173897

A phone always connects to the last used wifi.

View post
Didn't you read my first comment? I clearly said that my Oneplus 5t and redmi note5 pro CONNECTS AUTOMATICALLY!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
There really seems to be nothing wrong here.
5GHz isnt specifically better, as you have also expressed, even saying so far as you dont get coverage in a particular room.
The device prioritises the connection it had - and if the signal is not weak below a certain threshhold it would remain on it.