Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG phone 2 bugs after A10 stable update

KraKen
Rising Star II
Hotspot bug
Im using xender, i click on send
But Hotspot icon does not shown on notification bar, it was also not enabled in notification icon.
But hotspot was actually opened in setting.
Send it to developer for fix this.
241 REPLIES 241

KraKen
Rising Star II
Melwyn

I have found a bug with the audio and video playback, there is no audio output from any source and even the video in gallery freezes. I hear calls and notifications. There is also problem with chrome browser, webpages freezes as well. @Anders_ASUS please help.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/435/3NS7WEMBW6GX.mp4

View post
Describe it in detail
Song in amazon music was not loaded, we can not clarify that audio not working.
I guess you were using poweramp, it could be the application bug, not rog.
So describe it with more detail

OPC
Zen Master II
After the manual installation of A10 from Asus website, there were all sorts of problems. Apps crashing, volume buttons not reacting, using volume buttons in Asphalt 9 would crash the app, various apps not responding to touch input, glitches and flickers of the screen, 4G issues. Like the software was totally incompatible with my phone. Actually writing this post now the phone froze for a couple of seconds.
Reinstalling Asphalt 9 didn't help with the game. It was still totally unresponsive. Armoury Crate would also freeze or crash.
After the reset of all apps and clearing cache of all apps things started to come back to normal. I repeated the clearing of cache several times. Things are now getting back to normal but not completely. Some apps, like Chrome, still glitch. Factory reset over the weekend would be the last solution.
In the meantime I start to see improvements in A10. For example gestures work much better. Apps that don't glitch open much faster etc. It's a promising update.
I wonder if there would be issues if I waited for FOTA?
One of the main issues I have now is that I still have the red dot next to software update. If I tap on software update the system is searching for new update indefinitely. The situation on the screenshot goes on forever if I don't interrupt it manually. Any solution?
QICPQL00F7NI.jpg

Melwyn
Star III
maniyavaibhav13

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/48521#Comment_48521

Describe it in detail

Song in amazon music was not loaded, we can not clarify that audio not working.

I guess you were using poweramp, it could be the application bug, not rog.

So describe it with more detail

View post
It wasn't working in Amazon music as well, even games didn't have audio. Now that I have hard reset my phone, everything seems to be working fine.

abd_salam17
Star I
OPC

After the manual installation of A10 from Asus website, there were all sorts of problems. Apps crashing, volume buttons not reacting, using volume buttons in Asphalt 9 would crash the app, various apps not responding to touch input, glitches and flickers of the screen, 4G issues. Like the software was totally incompatible with my phone. Actually writing this post now the phone froze for a couple of seconds.

Reinstalling Asphalt 9 didn't help with the game. It was still totally unresponsive. Armoury Crate would also freeze or crash.

After the reset of all apps and clearing cache of all apps things started to come back to normal. I repeated the clearing of cache several times. Things are now getting back to normal but not completely. Some apps, like Chrome, still glitch. Factory reset over the weekend would be the last solution.

In the meantime I start to see improvements in A10. For example gestures work much better. Apps that don't glitch open much faster etc. It's a promising update.

One of the main issues I have now is that I still have the red dot next to software update. If I tap on software update the system is searching for new update indefinitely. The situation on the screenshot goes on forever if I don't interrupt it manually. Any solution?

QICPQL00F7NI.jpg

View post
You have to refresh the FOTA storage.
Go to Setting > Apps & Notifications > See all Apps > Click Three Dot at upper right > show system > search for FOTAservice > Storage and Cache > Clear storage

KraKen
Rising Star II
OPC

QICPQL00F7NI.jpg

View post
I'm also thinking about factory reset