durjoyfb101
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version:QKQ1.190825.002.WW_Phone-17.0240.2004.9
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Very Often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):NIL
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=========================================
screenshot-20210704-230456194.jpg

Everytime I plug in my charger from the bottom port, the phone starts beeping and sends a notification which states that the temperature at the USB connector is too high. I even got a slight burn from it on my thumb when I removed the cable from the phone and touched the plugging piece. It even smelled like something burnt when I removed the charger and it definitely came from the bottom port itself. Now my phone doesn't charge anymore from the bottom port when I tried again
2 REPLIES 2

kerainsakurai
Star III
durjoyfb101

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Asus ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:QKQ1.190825.002.WW_Phone-17.0240.2004.9
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very Often
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):NIL

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

=========================================

screenshot-20210704-230456194.jpg

Everytime I plug in my charger from the bottom port, the phone starts beeping and sends a notification which states that the temperature at the USB connector is too high. I even got a slight burn from it on my thumb when I removed the cable from the phone and touched the plugging piece. It even smelled like something burnt when I removed the charger and it definitely came from the bottom port itself. Now my phone doesn't charge anymore from the bottom port when I tried again

ROG 2 While Overhearing Charging
You're using the latest firmware? is that Tencent or Global version?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@durjoyfb101 Please contact your nearest ASUS service center and have them take a look at your device.