jyun88
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG 2
Firmware Version: Android 10
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Lately my ROG 2 keep having a issue.
The phone will start to lag a half seconds while scrolling pages or switching apps then it will go auto restart. It happens for few times already BUT just 5mins ago,my phone was STUCK at loading on asus logo.
I pressed power off+volume button for more than 10seconds only it gets back to normal.
This issue is going on more and more frequently. Please help

11 REPLIES 11

ZT-95d471ef
Star III
This is starting stage bro, the phone will be dead soon. We are filling a case against Asus in consumer court. If you want join us. Most of us are facing the same problem since December and Asus haven't given a proper response to us yet.

Deadayya
Star II
Model Name: ASUS ROG 2
Firmware Version: Android 10
Version: 17.0240.2012.65
Baseband Version: M3.23.44.18-Yoda_001522
Kernel Version: 4.14.117-perf android@mcrd1-13#1 Thu Dec 10 19:40:51 CST 2020
Build number: QKQ1.190825.002.ww.phone-17.0240.2012.65
Extension ROM: 1.1.228
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I own a ROG Phone II as well and had the same issue of hanging phone and constant restarts, and also unexpected shutdowns.
I started having the issue so I had reset the device. And I couldn't even get past the language selection page. I had noticed and single point getting warmer.
I decided to keep the device as cool as possible. So I kept it in the freezer for 10 seconds and I was able to setup the device while it was cool.
However, On normal mode while playing pubg the phone hangs and shutdown unexpectedly, 3 to 5 or continuosly withing 30 mins. And the device wasn't heated at all.
So I changed the settings on armoury crate scenario profile for pubg, to X Mode Level 1, CPUFreq to 2.75 and Temperature Control to High. AND PROBLEM SOLVED. SO I KEEP MY PHONE ON X MODE ALWAYS.
TO ME IT SEEMS THAT ASUS IS HAVING A SOFTWARE TUNING ISSUE. A CRITICAL TUNING CODE THAT ASKS THE PHONE TO SHUTDOWN TO COOL DOWN. OR A CONFLICTING CODE WHICH HANGS THE CPU OR ANYTHING. KINDLY LOOK INTO IT.
@Titan_ASUS @laura@laura

jyun88
Rising Star II
Deadayya
  1. Model Name: ASUS ROG 2
  2. Firmware Version: Android 10
  3. Version: 17.0240.2012.65
  4. Baseband Version: M3.23.44.18-Yoda_001522
  5. Kernel Version: 4.14.117-perf android@mcrd1-13#1 Thu Dec 10 19:40:51 CST 2020
  6. Build number: QKQ1.190825.002.ww.phone-17.0240.2012.65
  7. Extension ROM: 1.1.228
  8. Rooted or not: No
  9. Frequency of Occurrence:
  10. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I own a ROG Phone II as well and had the same issue of hanging phone and constant restarts, and also unexpected shutdowns.

I started having the issue so I had reset the device. And I couldn't even get past the language selection page. I had noticed and single point getting warmer.

I decided to keep the device as cool as possible. So I kept it in the freezer for 10 seconds and I was able to setup the device while it was cool.

However, On normal mode while playing pubg the phone hangs and shutdown unexpectedly, 3 to 5 or continuosly withing 30 mins. And the device wasn't heated at all.

So I changed the settings on armoury crate scenario profile for pubg, to X Mode Level 1, CPUFreq to 2.75 and Temperature Control to High. AND PROBLEM SOLVED. SO I KEEP MY PHONE ON X MODE ALWAYS.

TO ME IT SEEMS THAT ASUS IS HAVING A SOFTWARE TUNING ISSUE. A CRITICAL TUNING CODE THAT ASKS THE PHONE TO SHUTDOWN TO COOL DOWN. OR A CONFLICTING CODE WHICH HANGS THE CPU OR ANYTHING. KINDLY LOOK INTO IT.

@Titan_ASUS @laura@laura

View post
Have to always on X MODE eventhough you're not gaming it is terrible. Please fix it. Just use this phone for a year and such software problem happened but no software update to fix it yet....sigh... @Titan_ASUS @laura

ButterChicken
Rising Star I
Oh wow
Your Phone Still working
Soon ur device will dead
🤣