This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSSIBLE FIX FOR ROG PHONE II UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWNS/HANGS/RESTART

Deadayya
Star II
This worked for me, it might not work for you. I have read on one of the threads that one guy had the issue even after he got it fixed at Asus service center. This could be a software bug.
Model Name: ASUS ROG 2
Firmware Version: Android 10
Version: 17.0240.2012.65
Baseband Version: M3.23.44.18-Yoda_001522
Kernel Version: 4.14.117-perf android@mcrd1-13#1 Thu Dec 10 19:40:51 CST 2020
Build number: QKQ1.190825.002.ww.phone-17.0240.2012.65
Extension ROM: 1.1.228
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I own a ROG Phone II as well and had the same issue of hanging phone and constant restarts, and also unexpected shutdowns.
I started having the issue so I had reset the device. And I couldn't even get past the language selection page. I had noticed and single point getting warmer.
I decided to keep the device as cool as possible. So I kept it in the freezer for 10 seconds and I was able to setup the device while it was cool.
However, On normal mode while playing pubg the phone hangs and shutdown unexpectedly, 3 to 5 or continuosly withing 30 mins. And the device wasn't heated at all.
So I changed the settings on armoury crate scenario profile for pubg, to X Mode Level 1, CPUFreq to 2.75 and Temperature Control to High. AND PROBLEM SOLVED. SO I KEEP MY PHONE ON X MODE ALWAYS.
TO ME IT SEEMS THAT ASUS IS HAVING A SOFTWARE TUNING ISSUE. A CRITICAL TUNING CODE THAT ASKS THE PHONE TO SHUTDOWN TO COOL DOWN. OR A CONFLICTING CODE WHICH HANGS THE CPU OR ANYTHING. KINDLY LOOK INTO IT.
Let me know in the comments if this works for you as well.
@Titan_ASUS @laura@Laura_ASUS
1 REPLY 1

JayeshB
Star II
Man this is frustrating. Forget gaming I can't even do normal things on this phone. The battery drains quickly, the phone shutsdown while charging. what hell did i pay for? Bugs? crappy phone ?