This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog 2 froze and black screen no boot of any kind

archerhwk
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help: my (obviously unsupported) rog 2 tencent with global rom occasionally blacks out with no signs of life, usually while I'm sleeping but this time while I was reading an email. unlike other times all button combinations won't boot the device at all and the only indicator is a single red blink from notif led after 15sec of power+vol down buttons with a charger plugged in after 30mins. Has my device finally kicked the bucket? Its not even 2 years old yet
holding down the buttons continuously causes the led to blink once every 15sec and still no boot

Model Name: rog 2 tencent
Firmware Version: some old WW running android 9
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: multiple times past few months

4 REPLIES 4

archerhwk
Star I
kikoly

screenshot-20201214-173957324-281-29.jpg

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/10259/psa-take-caution-tencent-branded-chinese-models-with-gl...

View post
yes I already read that how do you want me to return a phone to a random 3rd party seller over 1yr after i bought it. or are you telling me to fk off because I supported such resellers

ronald1985
Community Legend I
archerhwk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139521#Comment_139521

yes I already read that how do you want me to return a phone to a random 3rd party seller over 1yr after i bought it. or are you telling me to fk off because I supported such resellers

View post
I am sure kikoly didnt mean it that way.
Was your phone still on at the time when it was plugged in?
If so, you will need to try and force shutdown the phone with the black screen on. The red led light doesnt appear mean you have probably done this successfully.
Thereafter, leaving the charger on, hold on to the power button until it turns on. Probably at least a minute.
I dont know if this actually works or not but you might as well try it.

archerhwk
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139535#Comment_139535

I am sure kikoly didnt mean it that way.

Was your phone still on at the time when it was plugged in?

If so, you will need to try and force shutdown the phone with the black screen on. The red led light doesnt appear mean you have probably done this successfully.

Thereafter, leaving the charger on, hold on to the power button until it turns on. Probably at least a minute.

I dont know if this actually works or not but you might as well try it.

View post
was not plugged in when it happened. just saw an email notif, read the email, screen froze, screen went black, became completely non-responsive except for power+vol down for 15sec would give a single short red blink when power is fed through the side usb port.
this seemingly dead state used to last for less than an hour the other 2 or 3 times it happened and its been awhile since the last one