This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PubG lagging , battery draining ,Need an update

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
There are too many lags in pubG nowadays I think Rog 2 is getting out of date . I think updates stabilize the laggs in pubG but u guys aren't providing frequent updates.
For now I am playing on smooth and extreme graphics which has very less lags but this isn't a POCOPHONE to play on low graphics . I prefer balenced and extreme in this phone but it's too laggy nowadays . Pls guys we neeed performance update on this . I don't care about android 10 but for me performance matters most . Pls give us performance boost .
And even nowadays I am observing battery only lasts 5 hrs 30 min from 100% - 2% even when the sound and brightness are kept at 85%. My former one plus 6t had 3700 mah battery in which I almost got 4hrs 30 min even for a whole year .
I am getting a doubt is this really 6000 mah battery or is that u guys didn't fully optimised battery like one plus did??
20 REPLIES 20

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kchinnavigneshraja

I don't play PUBG Mobile but out of curiosity I've just installed on both of my phones, ROG phone 2 and LG V30+.

Ran at highest settings on both devices.

LG ran without any lags or frame drops,

ROG with X mode had few lags here and there. Not too much of lags but not butter smooth either. Frame drops especially while engaging with enemies.

View post
It's very hard for me to say why your ROG 2 lagged and LG V30+ didn't. Could be lots of reasons and there's no point for me to speculate into why. I just know that if you have a freshly installed ROG Phone 2, connected to a stable WiFi with good connection to the server, then there's no chance that a LG V30+ will run smoother. It could very well be that both offer similar experience in a normal game but once you have a lot of enemies nearby dropping smoke grenades and what not, then the ROG Phone 2 will prevail.

sagarreddysag

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46416#Comment_46416

1. Ok i understand my Op6t is missing extra hardware parts and is older than rog 2 ,I understand it the comparison is waste.

2. But idk how many nits of brightness both phones but Rog 2 85% brightness = 50 % brightness on op6t. Idk but it may be because different panel behaviour . I understand it .

3. There may be more space for battery optimization . U guys should try it 🙂 . I understand screen is 120 hz (mine kept at 90 hz) it drains more battery but u guys shuld try it .

4. What about laggs ??Anders_ASUS Any solution for that .

Now even ultimate X mode is also not enough to stop laggs . Any update about this ??

View post
2.- How is 85% brightness on Rog Phone 2 = to 50 % brightness on OP6T? This is purely based on an assumption. If this was true, then you would burn your eyes out with OP6T on 100% (a bit of exaggeration for comical effect, but you get the idea). 50% on the brightness slider doesn't need to be 50% of the displays brightness performance. This is up to how the manufacturer designs their brightness bar. So even if ASUS and another brand would have an identical display, they would not give the same brightness at 50%. According to GSMArena OP6T has about 450 nits at 100% without overdrive and ROG Phone 2 has almost 480 nits without overdrive.
3.- I'm not sure what you mean we should try. What do you suggest?
4.- It's hard to know what kind of lag, where, in what scenario everyone is talking about when they mention lag. In our own tests there's very little lag. All phones experience lag in some degree with PUBG. I don't question that you experience lag because there are tons of things that can cause lag in this and other games but we can't know the root cause for you specifically. If you could try and be as elaborate as possible with what kind of lag, when you experience it. What settings you have in Armoury Crate, refresh rate. Do you experience it even if you kill all apps and restart your phone. Try your best to paint us an as complete picture as possible. Please make videos with the screen recorder.