This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

Kheshav
Star I
CH_ASUS

Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:

If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"
Hello there, I bought mine from aliexpress, it has a tencent branding on the back of the glass, the phone is running on 12gb ram and 512gb room.
I also noticed that the aero cooler it came with has tencent written on it.

Khan
Star I
My rog 2 is not getting update Android 10

minilene
Star I
avcayetano

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26618#Comment_26618

if your phone is tencent edition and you have ww firmware, there will be no fota update, you can update it by using RAW firmware manually. as the admins keep on telling us that tencent with ww firmwares are not proper combination. it will work but you will lack automatic updates due to configuration mismatch. I myself have this combination and update my phone manually. if you want automatic updates with tencent rog phone 2, you must have CN firmware and not WW. Hint: revert back CN firmware using RAW CN firmware. This will wipe all your data so make sure to backup. It's not necessary to unlock bootloader at this point. And get your FOTA back CN to CN.

View post
I have a tencent edition with the WW_PHONE_16.0622.1906.19 version. I tried to update manually but it fails and also the CTS profile match was false. I unlocked the bootloader, tried to root the phone but it didn`t work as well. Any idea of what to do?

Rameez221
Star III
CH_ASUS

Hi all

Extra info:

Thanks to Asus

How to contact asus care??